Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crash and Burn

Poor Marissee-roo crashed her face into the road last night when she fell off a scooter with the handle pushed all the way down. She seriously landed RIGHT on her face - no scratches anywhere else! Bless her heart. She couldn't sleep last night with how sore she feels - and she stayed home from school today with an ice pack in hand at all times. Apparantly road rash burns continually. Ouch. Here is a picture of her last night - and then later this afternoon. She's healing fast, thank heavens. She totally busted her glasses - I think they may have saved her eye.
And ... there's just somethin' about kids falling asleep with books in tow. I LOVE it - it's one of my most favorite things.

I love my kiddos so much! I hate to see them get sick or hurt ... but, at least Marissa's injuries are superficial - and will heal up just fine. We have been so blessed to be healthy and avoid the hospital lately. HOOOO-ray! Hopefully, that will keep up.

7 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

Poor Marissa! She needs to keep those handle bars up! I hope she starts feeling better-and won't be too embarrased to go to school with those lovely scratches! Krystal is too cute falling asleep with her book!

Melisa said...

im so sorry i feel so bad! I hope she gets better soon! we love you guys!

Kent and Leisy said...

Ouch! I can't believe there weren't scratches anywhere else. Full force to the face. Sorry Marissa! - Kent

M- your favorite said...

Marissa- That is so sad! I am so sorry! That really stinks! It looks like it is healing fast. That is no fun AT ALL!

Krystal, what can you say? She is so cute! I love that girl! She is so funny!

Plonnie said...

oh no!!! so sorry to hear about marissa!! hopefully she won't give up riding her scooter. these things happen. what i want to know is how in the world she can manage to still be gorgeous! really.... she's got quite the pretty face, even covered in scratches bless her sweet heart.

love that krystal... she's so cute. what book was so reading before she fell asleep?? so cute!!

congrats on not going to the hospital lately!! that is the best news! for a while there it seemed like your second home! glad everything is going well.

love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh - poor Marissa! That looks so painful!! I hope she's feeling better.

Linz said...

Oh! I hope she is feeling okay now! **kisses**