Sunday, September 14, 2008

Taylor Family Reunion 2008

Are you ready for a marathon? I took quite a few pictures. I'm only posting the ones of my immediate fam - so, cousins - if you know I took a picture of you - you should have had it e-mailed to you - and I will be looking for it on your blog! :) If I don't have your e-mail, then I sent all of them to Aunt Pam too. Anyway - thanks for such a great time everyone!! We had a blast!

These pics are in no order whatsover ...
Around the campfire: Ty and James ... grandpa and his princesses:
Me -n- my Ty ... a lot of the gang:
M and Kryssie (plus cute Kobe in the background) .... grandma and Aaron - snuggle bugs:
Yuuuuuummy s'mores ... Aaron and TyTy (Aaron loved the extra fluffy boa from the treasure hunt - hahaha! Hey -he knows when he needs a lil' extra style to keep him warm) :)
Pics from the Challenge Course. I really hope you Rassumssens and Taylors got pics of your group - I would love to see them:
It took us 2 attempts to get the tire over this pole. We all died our first try ... sang our song ... and were given a second chance. We were much more successful ... and EVERYone helped. Very fun.
"Take a picture of this, Mom" -- my kids all have a little of M in them. What can I say? She's their favorite ... she's everyone's favorite! :)
Grandma Pat's treasure hunt. Look at all of those faces - talk about a variety of emotions. Hanna is so determined - Krystal is obviously just along for the ride - and poor Oliver ... he is so, SO sad. Mandi - I sent you his "after" picture. He was quite pleased with his treasure at the end. What a cutie!
It doesn't get much more beautiful than this ... hahaha! Here I am suited and ready for the ropes course. And up I go ... this is about the point I started shaking with fear:
Terrifying .... I am shaking like crazy right here ... spaghetti legs! And Mom was a little trembly too - but she looks like a pro!
At the end of the "tight rope" walk - we zip-lined down to the bottom. I thought that THAT was even more terrifying. But, Mom let out a "Woo-Hoo" on her way down.
Balance beam/Teeter-totter log activities:
The kids had to work together leaning back or forward to make the log balance. They did really good! I loved this picture of Hanna's walky-walk!
Here are the grown-ups leaning to make the log balance ... it looks really easy in the picture, but it actually took a lot of team work.
James on the high-wire. I went right after him ... and he made it look SO easy. It took me at least 10x longer to get across than him. Krystal and Hanna playing in the cabin:
Hangin' out in the cabins:
Marissa ... Kobe and Aaron (Aaron sure looks forward to hangin' out with Kobe! I wish we got together more!)
A little volleyball:
I told you these pics were in no order whatsover - but, I wanted them all on here for posterity - hahaha! Here are some more balancing acts:

What a fun reunion together!! My camera stopped working Friday night. But, Saturday - we had an awesome breakfast and then the auction. Marissa saved all her bucks for the cute bag Aunt Cindy made - and loves it!!! She has it sitting out with her school clothes to wear for tomorrow. cute. We are so blessed to be so close and have such an awesome time together. Thanks all - I sure love ya!

9 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

Michelle - Thank you for blogging and making us feel like we got to be there too! It looks like so much fun! The weather looked perfect. The challenge course looked like some of the things I did at officer training this summer. I would have loved that! Cute pictures of everyone! You're the best!

Linz said...

Soooo fun! I really wish we could have made it up again this year! *sniff* Glad everyone had fun!

Plonnie said...

oh my gosh!! i wish i was apart of that family too!! HOW FUN!!!!

first off, i'm so proud of you, michelle for doing that CRAZY HIGH ropes course!! that would have scared me to death!! i'm so proud of you, i can't say it enough!!

my favorite picture of krystal was the one of her and hannah in the cabin. i LOVE how she has her little legs crossed! and she is just so beautiful too! i love that girl! and i love so much that i get to be her make believe friend some days :)

the balancing log... the pictures don't do it justice i'm sure. it sure does look like fun!!

my favorite picture of the whole post is the one of you and tyler.. my favorites ever. you look so pretty and tyler looks great. i just love you guys. and i know this is totally dorky, but you guys are meant for eachother! :)))))

love aaron and the boa... too cute. his smile is the cutest smile i've ever seen. wait, i don't know if cute is even the right word... it's the most PERFECT smile i've ever seen. yeah, i think that says it more.

melynda and krysie.. what an adorable pic. m looks pretty too! i love the color of her hair!!

oh man, and the one of your dad and his princesses... that's one for a frame to be placed right by his bed side. i love it. and do tell him that i am also a huge fan of his hat :)

marissa.. what a good sister... what a good person PERIOD!! just watching her play with the cousins yesterday, i was just VERY impressed at how she handles situations. she really sticks up for what is right! i hope that rubs off on everyone.

what a beautiful, and more importantly GOOD family you have.

love you with my whole heart!

Pam and Rand said...

The pictures are great - I love the Kung-Fu on the balance log. Brent is hillarious! The challenge course is always so much fun (though terrifying!). We DO have an awesome family! We really missed the Las Vegas Taylors (including Linz & family) and Price Taylors. Maybe next year. We have a date for the first Friday in September which is labor day weekend. START PLANNING RIGHT NOW!!!!

tiffany said...

looks like fun was had by all i miss seeing everyone

M- your favorite said...

WOW Michelle, That was a lot of fun to see pictures. It is a lot of fun to get together with the family! I also LOVE our family! We are pretty dang AWESOME! If I say so myself! anyways the pictures are great!

Jennifer Nielson said...

Michelle!

That reunion looks so fun! Where were you? Thanks for your comments on our blog. I think your family is so cute!! I only wish I knew you all better before we moved.

PS-Thanks to you we now own a Wii and play it ALL THE TIME as a family ;) SO FUN!

If we come back to Utah you will be at the top of our list of people to hang out with--

Anonymous said...

You take the best pictures!! That was really fun - wish we could have spent more time with you guys doing the course and stuff. We love you guys!

Heather M. said...

what a great family reunion! If we did things like yours my cousins might actually show up!