Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Grandma's Party

I've gotta hand it to gma great (aka the Halloween Grandma) for stickin' to her guns and convincing us that she HAS to have her big Halloween bash annually. I do believe she has not missed a year my entire life ... that's 34 years, people! And ... it was so SO much fun! Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting.

I can't believe I didn't get any pics ... my camera died after we took family pictures.


But ... here's the run-down of FUN:
1. GOOD food! Pizza, salad, garlic bread ... and the DEEEEElish homemade breadsticks from Ron and Soni. And ... of course ... awesome Mandi desserts. Seriously - I hope someone got a picture. She made mini-caramel apples. I can't WAIT to make them myself. So dang cute ... and heavenly. And her incredible sugar cookies ... they go fast. :)

2. AMAZING costumes ... As you can tell from our family pic. :) My favorite costumes were: #1 - Paul the giant sushi, #2 - Gary as Lieutenant Dangle from Reno 911 (hilarious), #3 - Jake as Iron Man's alter ego (what's his name?) --- and, all the littles looked awesome!


3. Kid Games ... our kids are so lucky ... they all had a blast!

  • Haunted trick or treating
  • Fortune telling ... just so you know, Pam - this one's DEFINITELY a keeper. Today, Aaron woke up and was in his church clothes pronto - and then, down playing the piano first thing. Apparantly you told him, "I see you going to church and playing the piano." He obviously takes fortune telling VERY seriously. When I asked Krystal what her fortune was, she got all big-eyed and showed me her hand - then said something in a mysterious voice. :) I loved it!
  • Ring Toss Goodies ... what kid doesn't love getting tons of prizes?
  • Spooky story ... thanks so much Angie - this was Marissa's favorite center - and, I loved peeking in on the kids to see them completely entranced. She had popcorn and juice for them while they enjoyed a story.
  • Piniata ... of course. Lil' Matt (the 5th out of 30 kids to hit the thing) decapitated it in one mighty blow. hahaha! So - the parentals kept tying it back together 'til everyone had a turn to take a whack.

4. White Elephants ... we go all out.

SUCH an incredible time!!! I'm so grateful for that tradition and the opportunities we have to get together. When we all work together to make it happen - it's so worth it. SO good to see everyone!!

EXTENDED TAYLOR CHRISTMAS PARTY COMING UP!!!! Saturday, December 20th - the same location as the last 2 years - plenty of room for everyone ... so, I REALLY hope we get you Las Vegas and Price guys out again this year! Yummy food and (of course) Amazing white elephants. AND .... perhaps Santa Clause? Uncle Larry? Love you all!

11 comments:

M- your favorite said...

It is always a blast to watch all the kids have a great time! I love them all so much! Thanks Mom and Dad for making this all happen and for having it at your place. It turned out great!

Plonnie said...

oh my gosh!! after reading all the fun stuff, i am honestly SO ANNOYED with your camera!! i wish so bad that i could see all that awesomely amazing stuff!! that sounds like such a blast!! please please PLEASE let me know if anyone got pictures, because i have to see them!! it just sounds incredible!! i really admire all the fun your family has!! it's very inspiring!! and i loved your costumes!! very very cute! michelle, you make an awesome egyption!! marissa makes a perfect pirate, kyrstal, WOW! tell her she looks JUST LIKE snow white!! aaron... don't want to mess with you, that's for sure! very cool. and tyler.. love the cowboy look! you guys look great! and are great! love you so much!

Melisa said...

looks like a fun PaRtY! You all loooked so cute! I really want to hear all about the carmel appels they sound yummy!

Linz said...

Cool costumes! Sounds like so much fun!! Wish I could have come!

Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT party!! (Thanks for the kind words, by the way.) You Millers are awesome for setting up all those fun stations - that made it so fun! And such a great house to have it in! The whole thing was awesome.

I LOVE that Aaron and Krystal took the fortunes so seriously. Hilarious!

Kent and Leisy said...

we are going to miss the christmas party by a day- rats. The Halloween party looks like it was a blast.

tiffany said...

sounds like tons of fun

The Davies Family said...

I love all the costumes! Every year I say, 'Hey Ry lets dress up too,' but it never happens..this year we are totally doing it. THe kids are super heros so we are the villians! Haha its going to be so fun!
What a fun party!

Pat and Brent said...

It was a fun party with good memories for a LONG time. Thanks to everyone who helped so much!

Looking way forward to the Christmas party. I'm so sad Kent and Leisy will miss it! BOOOOO

Katy said...

We so missed coming, but had planned our own little party for the same day! OOps! We should make it to the Christmas party though! Looks like you all had so much fun! We'll have to try to come next year!

Pam and Rand said...

I can't wait for the Christmas Party - It's fun to shop for the white elephants. You guys are great to arrange such a great place to get together.