Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Potato Derby

Talk about the funnest Activity Day EVER! The girls and leaders planned a "Daddy/Daughter Potato Derby". Tyler and Marissa worked hard putting together their potato car. But, Tyler had to work late the night of the derby - so, awesome Grandpa Brent accompanied Mariss for her fun night.


Marissa's car just so happened to be the slowest one there. :) But, Grandpa tweaked it a little - and the lil' blue potato finally won a race or two at the end. Marissa had a blast! Thanks Dad.


7 comments:

Melisa said...

Good job on the potato derby! That is a fun activity! Yours should have one for the cutest anyway!

Kent and Leisy said...

what a fun idea! I would love making that! we made banana derby cars in high school.

Linz said...

What a fun idea!! I love it!

M- your favorite said...

Cute! Blue potato! Sure glad you guys had a good time. Good job Grandpa for steping in for Ty!

Plonnie said...

marissa's potato really is the best!! how fun, what a fun idea!! we should totally do a family potato derby! hahaha.. these pictures are just so fun. what a good grandpa to go. i bet they BOTH loved it!! marissa is just getting so big. she sure is a pretty girl!

Pat and Brent said...

That looks like so much fun! Your gramps had a great time and enjoyed tweaking your little potato to get a bit more speed out of it. Thanks for asking him.

Elisa said...

Why didn't I get to do those kinds of things when I was little? I was too busy learning to quilt, pretend I knew how to cook and make all sorts of pretty things! Sheesh! Some kids have all the fun! So cute!