We had all kinds of weather on our lil' campin' trip this last weekend. Here are a few pictures of the day it rained off and on (0ur last day):
We all spent most of the morning in the tent-trailer playing games (and utilizing M's ipod and DS to their fullest).
Every once in awhile the rain would clear up - and we would migrate outside for a bit. Here are the kids with their finished puzzle. James, of course, cannot resist putting a puzzle together and joined them. :)
After lunch the rain was just a tiny drizzle - so the kids and dads packed up to go fishing.
These are my makeshift rain coats ... :)
The kids were SO excited to go fishing .... and really didn't care WHAT the weather was like. They were determined to go. Luckily, the skies cleared up for just a couple of hours for them to enjoy the experience.
Krystal caught her first fish!!!!!!!!!! (And ... the only catch of the day. :( )
She's pretty sure she's done fishing for life. She refused to touch her prized catch ... and would barely even look at it. She wasn't too thrilled with the slimy, bloody fish that came off of her pole ...
We spent the rainy afternoon in town. We got to see the movie "Up" - which we all LOVED - and then we ate at a YUMMY pizza place for dinner. So fun.
When we got back to the campsite - the weather gradually cleared up (due to the Manti pageant starting time approaching, I am sure). The kids enjoyed a little splashing - and then an awesome night of s'mores around the fire.
7 comments:
It was so much fun! Thanks for posting. I have picture to post also. Thanks for taking them for me. sure do love you guys!
you guys make camping look fun then again camping tents im not a fan of however looks like fun has had by all of the miller fam
What a fun trip! Wish we could have been there. Although I'm sure if I had been there the kids wouldn't have had as much fun in the canoe as I heard they did. I can't resist teasing just a little.
- Kent
I love rainy camping. As long as it isn't too much rain! I am glad you had fun! I love the pictures! Congrats to Krystal on catching a fish! When I was about her age, I caught, and refuse to touch a fish too! =D
It was a fun trip. Glad to find a place with so much to do and not too far to travel. We'll have to go again when the weather's a little bit better.
That looks like so much fun! What a great time and memory for your kiddos!
krystal! of course she is the one to catch the biggest fish. that's such a great story!! i love the look on her face!!!
all these pics make me want to go camping SO BADLY!
Post a Comment