Every Memorial Day - for as long as I can remember - Tyler's side of the family goes all over Utah (lil' towns like Peoa and Oakley ) to put flowers on the graves - and eat at the Spring Chicken Inn. The kids absolutely LOVE switching around in cars to be with their cousins - and just thoroughly enjoy being together.
I have opted out of this day of driving for several years now ... due to my extreme motion sickness tendency ... and kind of do my own thing. Really - all mom's out there - a day all to yourself ain't so bad AT ALL!! :) This year I got to spend the day with my favorite M. We went to the movie (Wolverine - X Men Beginnings - and it was dang good) ... ate lunch at a place called Stan's (and HOLY COW - I crave it every day now :)) ... did a little shopping ... played a little ping pong ... and got absolutely ZERO pictures - DUH!! We may have to try that all again next year, M!! :D
Anyway - I'm so happy that my kids get this special day with the family. Here are a few random pics from their day ... I think it will be noticeable that the kiddos took a few of these themselves. :)
I have opted out of this day of driving for several years now ... due to my extreme motion sickness tendency ... and kind of do my own thing. Really - all mom's out there - a day all to yourself ain't so bad AT ALL!! :) This year I got to spend the day with my favorite M. We went to the movie (Wolverine - X Men Beginnings - and it was dang good) ... ate lunch at a place called Stan's (and HOLY COW - I crave it every day now :)) ... did a little shopping ... played a little ping pong ... and got absolutely ZERO pictures - DUH!! We may have to try that all again next year, M!! :D
Anyway - I'm so happy that my kids get this special day with the family. Here are a few random pics from their day ... I think it will be noticeable that the kiddos took a few of these themselves. :)
The shutter on our camera stinks (our whole camera stinks, actually) - so the shutter wasn't quite open all the way on this one ... but, I thought it looked cool - and who can resist a Krystal pose? Seriously.
Is this an angry look? Ohhhhh - I think it's an "I'm so cool and you know it" look. Yeah. I think that's it. LOVE my man ...
Long drives in the car ... no need to explain ...
We are so grateful to have good ol' Grove in our lives. I encourage my hubby to be JUST LIKE HIM every day!!

A quick detour to Memorial Hill (Krystal told me ALL about this place when she got home. She was thrilled that she got to climb to the top of "Oreo" hill.) hahahaha. Yeah. I would be too! We love Oreos here at the Jenson home.
Anyway - thanks Grover and DeAnn - for this great tradition.
5 comments:
I am loving Krystals poses. She is to funny!
Thank you for a great day. We did have a fun time. I loved the part when we went to JCP and found out what the crap we spent money on. To FUNNY! Thanks for hanging with me. We do need to get pictures next time. Love you to death!
That does look like a fun tradition!
And I am glad you had fun with M! Wolverine was great - and may I just say - watching him sprint into the barn... worth the cost of admission! ;)
M - haha. I almost wrote that!! I'm such a nerd ... always spending more money than I should. :) And then thinking it's someone else's fault. ;)
Linz - DOUBLE HAHAHA!! and Hear! Hear! Me and Melynda were pretty woozy after the show due to Wolverine's hottness. heehee. :)
glad there are pictures of memorial day since i missed it too! next year, maybe i can join you girls! :) i love the cool pic of krys. she's so cute. maybe she should model. people would pay big bucks for her poses!! she's the cutest little girl, i swear! love the one of the boys on the swings too. so cute.
It's a win-win situation. Everyone is happy and you definately deserve at least one day off a year! Cute pictures!
It's funny that your dad and I didn't carry on that tradition - kind of sad I guess.
Post a Comment