Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good Weather Camping

On our first full day of camping - the weather was fabulous. We spent the day on the lake. The boys (and Mom ... haha) went golfing - and we enjoyed a good portion of the Manti Pageant that night. ;)


Tyler, James and Aaron decided they better warm up at the driving range before playing along side their father-in-law. No Mulligans allowed for THIS golf trip. hahaha.

Here is how Morty enjoys spending a hot day ... I think he's got the right idea. Sweet lil' dude.

The kids did great in the canoe this year. Much different from last time where Marissa was all tears. The canoe was her favorite part of the trip! Don't worry, Kent and Leisy - Kristy gave Aaron a really good scare when she told him there were sharks in the water (when he had his hand in the water). He was pretty shook up. And THEN they got stuck in the reeds or something due to the inability to stop laughing. We still missed ya like crazy, though. :)


Somehow M convinced me to get in the canoe with her .... AND MARISSA!! Braveness flowing over on my part if you ask me. However - it was quite a work out - and I needed M to get us back to shore since my arms couldn't quite hold out. ;) Thanks M! This picture of Hanna and Ethan is probably my favorite one from the whole trip. They are cuties ... Energizer bunnies!



James taught the kids how to catch the little tiny fishies and that kept them quite busy ... and watching Marissa try James' technics kept me quite entertained.



Here we are at the Manti Pageant in all our gung-ho-ness ... which didn't last tooooo terribly long. :)

We had a good day.

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

great pics! I am super impressed with Marissa's love for the canoe. I really didn't traumatize her for life!! Hanna's hair is so red in these pictures! She has changed so much! I don't remember the Manti pageant - I'm sure we went when I was little. It was so great you left early huh?? I'm not sure Morty has many trips like this left in him!
- Kent

Katy said...

What day did you do the pagent? We were there on Saturday (the last day!) Yous should have held out till the end! The hillside of angels is the best part! That and the real Moroni on top of the temple!

Linz said...

Wow that looks like so much fun!!

M- your favorite said...

It's fun to get together. I am hating the last picture- what the heck. SICK! Anyways I am still laughing at how Kristy and I handled the canoe- we were laughing so hard. It's funny! Anyways I love Hanna's swimsuit right up her bum. So CUTE!

Pat and Brent said...

Yes, it was a very fun trip. I even enjoyed the rainy days - gave us a lot of variety in all that we did. Let's do it again soon!

Brandon Jenson said...

Michelle, couldn't help but notice that you didn't get in the canoe with Tyler. Now that would be BRAVENESS!!!

Plonnie said...

how fun you had a canoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so jealous!!