We went on the coolest and funnest ... (which = easy) ... hike ever! I just loved it ... I think everyone really enjoyed it. It's this little hike up Payson Canyon called Grotto Trail.
The trail is pretty shaded and easy goin' all of the way ...
And there are several "balancing" parts which the kids LOVED ...
And lots of little streams to walk through ...
Or ... they chose to just tromp through the water rather than deal with the balancing (or they did both - back and forth - several times :D):
Tyler thinks (knows) he is stud material ... and here's Aar-Bear with yet another rock collected (as if we haven't had enough of those at our house lately):
The waterfall at the end of the hike is really cool - there are little "caves" that the kids can climb in if they want to get a little more wet:
Isn't it cool to be able to hike up to a waterfall?
Here go the boys and their dares to each other - to see who could stand under the waterfall the longest. Boys'll be boys, I guess. :) The water is quite icy.
Sopping wet ... but proud. Marissa chickened out at the last minute - turned around quickly to come back to shore - and then preceded to fall all the way in. :)!! She is seriously so entertaining ... and always a good sport. Sure love her!
We sure have good times with this cute Jenson fam:
9 comments:
sounds fun & looks so pretty
falling runs in te family i guess i fall quite a bit i also stumble tons it just makes lifr alot more fun i will have to find the pictures of my ankle after i fell on my tredmill the 2nd day i was on it and post them
What a fun hike! I love waterfalls!
What a neat hike. The kids really make it ultra-fun - they are so good at it! I want to go.
I kept watching those pics thinking "that place looks so familiar". It wasn't till the waterfall that I realized that we had done that very same hike last year! You are right, it is AWESOME! And the waterfall at the end is great fun. Next time you need to try walking around the payson lake which is just a tad further up the road, very beautiful!
that looks so fun! I want to go!!!
CUTE! Funny Marissa, poor thing at least she had a good time. I love her face as she fell in. Funny! Can't wait to do it.
I am so happy you found the Grotto Trail. Isn't it great? I am glad you had fun and we will talk to you later.
That's so beautiful!! I'm gonna have to go there now. Thanks for all these fun ideas!
okay, so marissa is just too funny!! last night when we were at the store i was doing my new accent, haha, so weird! and marissa was laughing and later i told tyler that it just makes my whole day to be able to make her laugh. i seriously love her and she means so much to me! she really is a beautiful girl and is so helpful always with my ty. i can't imagine life without her!!
this day was SO FUN! lori's comments are to die for. i love her. nothing but good to say about her. the trail was so fun, and i loved all the smiles on the kids' faces. we're so happy that we got to go with you guys. it was one of my favorite days this summer. the waterfall was SO AWESOME! next time we need to hike to the top of it. jer found the trail for it. it would be cool to see it from another perspective.
my favorite pictures are: you and your kids. michelle, you have to put that in a frame. i know i say that about so many pictures, but you need to do it! pictures with people together are the most treasured. also, the one where krys is balancing accross, i wish kevin wasn't in that one, but it looks like krys is so brave! she was. she did a good job!! it looks so dangerous! haha. and the one where she is stepping on the rocks to cross the stream. so cute. of course i love the one of missy dee and i and ty's waving little hand. love it. and one near and dear to my heart is kevin and aaron. best buds forever. they are so cute and so happy together. what good boys we have!
love you guys!!!! counting down to our next summer bash! :)
Post a Comment