Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hari-Krishna Temple

We've lived here over a year now - so, we decided we probably should do a little more exploring in this area. :) We decided to take a tour of the Hari-Krishna Temple just South of us ... Tina and kids joined us. It turned out to be really quite fun!


The outside of the temple really is amazing.

Here are the kiddos admiring the llamas. The Llama Fest is this week ... I wonder what it's like? One of these years will try to attend.

The inside of the temple is kind of strange .... but has a lot of interesting things upstairs. The kids were quite fascinated.


This is one of Krystal's newest "poses"...

Here's the gang of kiddos. We are way out numbered!

More interesting "things" ... hahaha - I don't even know what to call them. I wonder what they use this little tiny piano for? They also had a large basket full of musical instruments - and several large drums. I would love to be in attendance for whatever musical worshipping they do. Looks fun!


Our little family on a fun family outing...

Thanks, Tina - for joining us on a fun day together!

8 comments:

Linz said...

That looks like so much fun!! I would love to go on a tour there! Way fun!

M- your favorite said...

I also really enjoyed going on a tour there when I went. It's a very nice place. Mom really wants to do there yoga on Saturdays.

tiffany said...

looks like fun i wanna go too as always you have the funnest & cutest faimly

mandi said...

I've always wanted to go in there! I was always scared that they would be dancing around me and trying to convert me. Now I know I'll be safe. :) Looks like a fun time!

Pat and Brent said...

What's best is that you can tell everyone you just got back from the temple and they'll think you're really spiritual.

Katy said...

We drive by that all the time on the way to my in-laws house. We should go there some time. It looks like fun!

Kent and Leisy said...

kent and I love that place! you really should try going to the festivals one of these days. at the llama fest you can ride the llamas! you guys could even go eat there! I think every week (maybe even everyday) they have an indian food dinner/lunch. I'm not a fan of indian food- but laney likes it a lot and says that place is pretty good.

Plonnie said...

okay this place is very interesting! fun that you got to go check it out. the little piano thingy is so funny. i don't know why, but i just have to laugh looking at it. did you give it a whirl?