Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Yard - is a Very, Very, Very Fine Yard ...

We wisely had our trenches dug professionally in April .... so we could spend the next 2 months re-digging out all of the mud (thank you rainy months May and June)!


What a mess, huh? The sad thing is - the water filling those trenches converted to mud as it dried = back/neck breaking work.


James spent whatever dry weekends we had to install these beautiful sprinkler pipes:


Tyler helped as much as possible ... a lot of digging and moral support :)


Aren't they pretty?


Then we had cash ... er top soil ... spread all around. I'll tell ya what - I will NEVER use the term "dirt cheap" again. It's not.



And THEN we got our beautiful grass ... I love it. Thank you so much everyone for all the help!




Messy, messy work:




End result: Beatiful yard.


Next on the agenda: re-size sandbox and fill, trees/bushes/flowers, retaining wall in back, cement on left side, garden planted, walk-ways formed, fence ....

... it's a work in progress. :)

8 comments:

Melisa said...

Looks GREAT!!!! I am so glad you finally got the sprinklers done never thought it would stop raining so you could! Lookin good!

Linz said...

It looks wonderful!! Congrats! I was so so so happy to get me yard in! It is the best feeling!

Pat and Brent said...

Yes, it's a painful process for "instant yard". Looks wonderful!

tiffany said...

nice yard very beautiful

dirt should be free my heavens its just dirt right?

M- your favorite said...

Your yard looks BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to come over and have parties and bbq! I am so glad it's in and now for the rest. WOW what a process!

Angie said...

Congrats on your new yard! It's so great to have grass, isn't it?

Plonnie said...

wow! i love it!!! i'm with melynda, i can't wait for bbq's and parties! so fun!! also maybe some red rover, sprinker running, a game of tag, and of course some major magna doodle olympic compettions. i think it's time!

i love the pictures, love the one of ryan's dirty hands! it says it all. i'm glad jer was able to go help on our behalf. it really does look soooooooo great!! is it safe to say it was worth it? i can't believe all that rain you had to deal with. at least the grass is in SIGH! now you gotta keep people off of it for a while! but congratulations you guys!! the hard work is paying off. i can't wait to see it complete with flowers and shrubs :)

Katy said...

Wow! What a project! I am amazed at how much goes into a yard! Way to keep on top of it though!