Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Days of School

Heaven help me ... I have a 7th grader. Marissa's not too keen on waking up early enough to be ready and to the bus stop by 7:15. I can't blame her ... I can barely lift my head off the pillow to tell her "good-bye" each morning. Bless her heart. She's almost not made it several times ... and DIDN'T make it the 6th day of school claiming she needed a break. nice. We keep tweaking and re-tweaking to try to help her make this adjustment. Overall, though - she REALLY loves being at school -- has fabulous friends -- her teachers seem wonderful -- we broke down and let her have the "home" cell phone (best decision ever) -- and she's quite cute ... so she'll make it. :)


Aaron is absolutely IN LOVE with 2nd grade!! Of course, this kid was made for school. He's smart, obedient, friendly, kind ... just teacher's pet material (I'm not too prejudice, am I?) Since all 3 of our kids started school on different days this year ... I, for some reason didn't even THINK about getting pictures of Aaron before school on his first day. We get to the school - I'm dropping him off like just a regular old day --- and Moms and Dads are hauling in photography equipment ... and walking their own children in. I had just pulled myself out of bed ... so there was NO WAY I was getting out of the car at all. I simply had to say, "Sure love ya bud! Have a good day!" - and let him go on his way. Wonderful, wonderful parenting skills. I DID make it with camera in tow AFTER school, though. TOTALLY redeemed myself :D!


It musta done me in getting Marissa off to school that first week - because, when Krystal's turn came - we got her all beautified and ready for her first day ... and she was SOOOO excited. I took a million pictures of her walking into preschool and all that jazz -- I FOR SURE wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. The whole time I was wondering where all the other parents and kids were. Yeah. I brought her a day early for her first day. Again ... nice. No worries ... she was beautified and ready the next day for her official first day of pre-school.



Now we're into the daily reading logs, homework sign-offs, practice times, tv limits, TEXTING limits (sheesh), job checks, strict bedtimes --- the whole exhausting 9 yards! But, I'm so glad school is back in!

7 comments:

Katy said...

I totally forgot the camera for both our first days. Oh well, there is always another time, right! Love the pics! Too Cute!

Linz said...

Wow! 7th grade!! She looks so beautiful!! And I am glad she can get by while you sleep! I secretly look forward to Auri getting herself to school...

Way cute pictures! Aaron is SO cute! I can see why his teachers love him!

And how cute is Krystal? Wow!

So fun!

M- your favorite said...

Michelle- I am laughing so hard about Krystal and it not being her first day. That is so funny! Your kids all looks so darling! They are so cute! I love Marissa's hair. I love it!

tiffany said...

wow you have a good looking family

Plonnie said...

oh, i love it!! you make me laugh SO MUCH!! hahahaha!!! you're so funny. i miss you! haha.

the kids look great for their first day of school. i can't believe how they are growing so much! they are beautiful kids. you're a blessed mommy!!!! and they are so blessed to have you!

i love that you took krys a day early!! LOL! so funny! i would do something like that!! aaron is teacher's pet material for SURE! isn't he EVERYONE'S favorite?????

Hillary L said...

You are such a cute mom! I love everything you blog. Your kids will enjoy reading it. I need to do better. Your camera takes really good pictures too. Hope everything is going well. Your kids are darling!

mandi said...

hahaha! I love that you went the wrong day! That's so funny! Makes me feel better about all the airheaded things I do! They sure look CUTE!