Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inch by Inch, Row by Row -- Gonna Make This Garden Grow!

Nothin' says Summer more than a lemonade stand! But, of course, the hot day these kids chose to do one turned into a rain storm! MAN! So, they moved the stand into the garage. Thanks to the neighbors across the street - they made a buck or two. And - they got to drink lemonade and eat popcorn 'til their bellies were stuffed!


And - I wanted to document our garden this year.  These pictures were taken the first week in July.  We planted sunflowers along our back property line.  It's fun for me to see these pictures now ... 20 days later, because they are SO much bigger.  But, anywho -- here they are while they were starting.
 


 

Our garden is turning out SO much better this year than it did last year.  We've harvested tons of peas and spinach and green onions, several strawberries and tomatoes, and lots of zucchini already!  It's growing huge right now.  I'll have to post pictures again.  ;)

2 comments:

Linz said...

What cuties!! Rainy day lemonade. Doesn't get better than that! :)

And your garden!! WOW!!! It looks beautiful!! Way to go!!

Kent and Leisy said...

fabulous garden!! I have NO patience for growing things. I am very impressed with everything you've got growing!!