Monday, July 11, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

I was amazed at Aaron in swim lessons!  He does so fabulous and has had no previous training.

Here he is swimming the forward crawl.  He worked really hard to not lift his head ALL the way out of the water with every other stroke.  "Just put my ear in the water," is what he told us he learned:

I couldn't stop taking pictures of Aaron swimming the breast stroke!  Number 1 - I think it looks super difficult;  Number 2 - that's the stroke Tyler swam on the high school swim team;  Number 3 - Aaron makes the funniest faces!  (His swim teacher even told me to be sure to get a picture of his puffed up cheeks.)  hahaha!  He's always puffed out his cheeks to float on his back ... says it's the only way he can stay afloat.  LOL!  Anyway ... here he is swimming the breast stroke AND swimming the back stroke:
 

Coming up for air while swimming the breast stroke:  (those puffed up cheeks are the best!!!  hahaha)
 

I think his teacher said this was a dolphin kick or something.  Aaron's teacher worked him hard - he was always winded after his lessons:

Here are the kiddos on the diving board at swim lessons.  Krystal's first time!!  I'm so proud of her that she actually jumped in -- I still think it's scary, personally.  ;)

I didn't get as many pictures of this cutie.  But, here is Krystal just doin' her thing -- and smiling along with every moment.
 

Krystal thinks this is called a "pencil float" ???  Heck - her head's under water.  I'm just as proud as can be!

So proud of these guys.  They love the water as much as their daddy.

6 comments:

M- your favorite said...

WOW! You have fishes. I always thought Kristy's kids loved the water. But look at your kids- They love it! WAY TO GO!! Swimmin fools!

Linz said...

YEA!! Congrats to Aaron and Krystal!! Way to swim! :)

tiffany said...

aww how cute i used to love swimming but not so much any more maybe i should give it another try

The Jackson Family said...

I am so impressed with Aaron, he always gives 110% in all he does! I absolutly love Krystal's smile, it is breathtaking!

Kent and Leisy said...

I also don't do the diving board. It's always made me a little nervous!

Larry and Cindy said...

Water and summer go together like peanut butter and jelly. Looks like so much fun. Your kids are adorable!!! Love, Aunt Cindy