We decided to brave the "waking up early" and headed out to the balloon launch this year over the 4th of July weekend. I have to admit - we ALMOST didn't make it. Our Krystal is NOT an early bird, and Tyler was out of town so .... no extra coddling for the Princess Krystal ;). But, I think that she's glad we all went. It was truly magical!
The Darth Vader balloon was a HUGE hit. Doesn't it look spectacular?!?
One of my favorite parts of the morning was that the balloons went up right as the sun was peeking over the mountains. So beautiful! Getting pictures was tricky, because the kids had a hard time putting their heads down for a picture .... they wanted their eyes up in the sky with the balloons!
There they go!
They looked like Chinese Lanterns hanging from the sky. I just loved it. :)
Even though Darth Vader was neat - he was only able to stay air bound for a few moments. Bummer.
We camped by the fire truck to watch the tallest balloon IN THE WORLD get inflated:
Shoot - this picture is out of order (oh well!) -- Here are the balloons rising with the sun:
And NOW presenting .... the TALLEST BALLOON IN THE WORLD ... right in the palm of Mr. Bruno's hand! So refreshing! ;)
We had a little too much fun with this huge balloon. Marissa decided that a huge bottle of Coke on her hand wasn't good enough .... she's tough enough to balance it on her pinky no problem!
What a fabulous and beautiful and memorable morning.
Breakfast at Mc-E-Dees made the kiddos super happy. We loved hangin' out with the ma and pa, too!
I bet they'll want to go again next year. I know I do!
3 comments:
Awww! I love it!! Looks like so much fun!! I want to go!! :)
im so jelous i love going to see the ballons when im there for the 4th of july i should have gone this year hopefully i can go next year i love the pictures with the coke bottle thos are awsome & marissa is so cool she can hold it with her pinkey she is made out of pure awsomness
Wow, your pictures are incredible. That was a fun time - well worth the early hour. Glad we got to come along.
Post a Comment