Every Monday I meet with my supervisor and discuss many things pertaining to my job. Yesterday we were talking about a theory of human behavior that is based solely on observable behavior. One of the criticisms of this theory is it denies any human emotion (what does Love look like?). I began telling my supervisor that I did not buy into this theory and said: "This theory might work if I were a rock or a single celled orgasm.... I mean organism." I wished at that moment I WAS a single celled organism hiding underneath a rock... I still had 30 minutes to go until I could leave his office.
Now, me -- Michelle -- the other day, I was early picking Aaron up from school. So, I let Krystal come sit up in the front seat with me while we waited for the bell to ring. When the bell rang, I told her to climb back into her carseat. She said, "NOO, Mommy! My sit with you in the FRONT!" I said, "No, you have to be 12 years old to sit in the front seat. You're 2. You'll be safer in your car seat." She said, "Well (yes, she said 'well') -- me 5 like Aaron! My sit in THE FRONT SEAT! My big!" Needless to say, I ended up putting a kicking and screaming toddler back in her car seat before we could go.
So, what do you say when someone slips and says 'orgasm' instead of 'organism' .... or your 2 year old argues with a VERY (in her opinion) reasonable explanation? What DO you say?
First Skiing Adventure!
4 years ago
3 comments:
hahaha! tyler! first paragraph had me hooked! i can totally see you saying that! i'm glad you didn't leave that part out.
michelle--> krystal is so cute. i love her. hahaha! "my sit in the front seat! my big!" so cute. i know in the moment, it probably wasn't very cute, but these will be the stories you'll always remember, and the memories you'll ponder when she is a teenager and would rather be ANYWHERE but seen in the car with her parents.
What that is so funny! I love it. Ty did you laugh or just set there? I would have started laughing! That is so funny! I would die!
Michelle- Krystal is so big! She is to cute for words. I can't believe she thinks that she is as big as Aaron. That kills me. I sorry you had to stick her in her set crying. That makes me sad.
To tell you the truth these are times when you laugh. That's all you can do. Funny post! I liked it!
tyler... i'm still laughing about your comment! hahaha!! you HAVE to tell us what happened! i feel in suspense!
Post a Comment