Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marissa!

Marissa at age 12:

  • LOVES breakfast foods. The works - pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, orange juice, fresh fruit (especially pineapple) .... just can't go wrong with these foods!


  • Loves clothes ... as long as they're comfy and not too girlie. :) Loves ALL colors ... especially turquoise and pink.

  • Loves being with her family. Especially enjoys staying up late with the grown-ups ... and playing with the littles.

  • LOOOOOOOVES her cousins. Wishes she could be with them every day.
  • Loves to argue.
  • Has quite a funny sense of humor.
  • Enjoys reading, watching tv, AND listening to music (not necessarily all at once).
  • Way into Webkinz.
  • Works hard to get good grades.
  • EXCELLENT babysitter.
  • Would never clean her room unless she has to. :)
  • In love with dogs.
  • Likes playing basketball and riding her bike.
  • Enjoys hiking.
  • Loves girlie toe-nails and fun hair color.
  • Says she LOOOOVES jewlery ... but refuses to wear any. ;)

She's my Missy Dee. I'm so grateful to have her.

Happy Birthday, hon'! Sure love ya!

7 comments:

Linz said...

Happy 12th Birthday Missy Dee!! She is so beautiful! I hope your day is AWESOME!! PS - LOVE the pancake cake!!

Pat and Brent said...

What a great day we had together as a family. Wow Marissa you are growing up way to fast. Love you.
Grampa Brent

Pam and Rand said...

Marissa - Happy B-Day! You are a very pretty girl-soon to be teen!

M- your favorite said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so glad you are part of our family! You are the best to hang out with. I love you so many. I just think the world of you. I can't believe that you are growing up so fast. STOP IT! I am so proud of you Miss-you are growing up to be such a good person! Love you always!

mandi said...

Such a sweet and beautiful girl. (I love her glasses, by the way! They are so cute on her.) Happy Birthday Marissa!

Katy said...

Such a beautiful girl! I can hardly beleive that she is 12! Wow we are growing up. I remember when we were 12! Happy Birthday Marissa! Love the pancake cake!!!

Plonnie said...

i love the pancake cake! so cute!! i love the list of all things missy Dee! she's the best. i have fond memories of sugar on sausage patties, her riding on jer's back under the water tunnel, the hot dog stand she got out for us to order to our hearts content. i remember the first time she requested ME to read her a bed time story.. wow, i remember how happy i was :0) i remember the day she first crossed the street by herself. we were over and it was truly a moment. i love that i can picture her in my head smiling and i can see her beautiful face. marissa is not just special because she is fun and sweet. she truly is is fun and sweet, but more importantly, marissa is GLOWING with the light of Christ! what better gift. love you miss!!