For Marissa's 12th birthday party, she and her friends did a bunch of video skits. We all (adults included) had such a fabulous time. We seriously laughed our heads off. The girls were awesome and really got into the role playing.
Here's a picture of Marissa with her cake. Amazingly enough, not one skit required 12 takes. The only reason we would have to re-do would be because we (the adults) were laughing so hard and loud.

Here is Marissa and her awesome group of friends. Even though their first skit ... the misfit cheerleading squad ... took a little warming up to, they adjusted quickly - as you can see.
Here's a picture of Marissa with her cake. Amazingly enough, not one skit required 12 takes. The only reason we would have to re-do would be because we (the adults) were laughing so hard and loud.
Here is Marissa and her awesome group of friends. Even though their first skit ... the misfit cheerleading squad ... took a little warming up to, they adjusted quickly - as you can see.
This aerobics skit was my personal favorite. The girls' personalities really shone through. I loved seeing not only the personality of the girs whose faces were showing, but also how the personality of the girls (who were the legs) showed through their legwork. It was so fun AND funny!
I couldn't resist taking this snapshot of the girls just hanging out between scenes. They are such a great bunch of girls.
These next couple of pictures show how comfortable the girls had gotten with their acting roles. I could just watch their skits over and over again - and laugh until I cry.
Here are the girls watching the rough cut. Thank you so much Jeremy and Plonnie for the awesome cinematography and technical help. WE love you guys, and were so happy to have you there to laugh with us too.
Here's a little snippet of one of their skits. Enjoy.
13 comments:
SO MUCH FUN! You really make we wish we lived closer!! What a party.
I am constantly amazed by your relationship with your kids. I love how you laugh with them and are so involved in their lives. They are so good and still have the time of their lives - as they should. Just wonderful to see! ... and very inspiring :)
Happy Birthday Marrissa! (even though you don't know us well - we hope to get to know you better with time)
Also-thanks for your comments. They are always so thoughtful.
Michelle, what a great birthday party you are such an awesome MOM!!! It looks like they had a blast!!! I want more videos of the skits, PLEASE! I cannot believe that Marrissa is 12 years old!!! She is now in Young Women's...HOLY COW...How did that happen? Time flies weather you are having fun or not but especially when you are having fun!!! Love Ya, Aunt Cindy PS Did you ever make the ragtime bag?
Happy Birthday Marissa!!! Looks likeyou had a SUPER FUN party!!!
looks like tons of fun love the video
That is AWESOME! I can't wait to see the video. Looks like you guys had so much fun! I sure do love you Miss- you are the best! Love you so many!
You really should become a party planner! You put everyone else to shame!! Amazing! I'll let you plan my kids parties next time! What a fun idea!!
What a fun party! HAHA! Isn't it nice to know your daughter has such great friends?! She is beautiful!!
HAppy birthday Miss, it was so fun being there. Love you tons!!
What a fun birthday party! My kids and I loved watched the video at the end.
You have the best parties!! I love that cake - the whole idea is SO CUTE! Happy Birthday Marissa!
I feel like all you guys do is party!!!! :)
Good to hear from you Michelle. Love all your family photos, what a beautiful family.
well, here i am to finally comment. wow, i'm a slacker. but don't you dare deny the love!
the party was amazing! we were lucky enough to be there, and totally loved every moment of it. miss, you have amazing friends. they are so awesome and fun, and funny, and all i can say is: So are you! wow, you are such a great person and everyone that associates themselves with you is in for a treat. i love you SO MUCH! you're 12! holy cow, how did that happen?
but awesome party, awesome cake.. awesome time. michelle..... you're up for hire, aren't you, because we are SERIOUS! i think you can take a side job in doing parties. you're THE BEST!
Post a Comment