Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nearly twelve ...

To be honest - it is just impossible to imagine being the mom of a young woman - until you're actually there .... and even then ... :)

Well - here is just a glimpse -

Marissa turns 12 in a few days ... so we had a girls "shop-til-ya-drop-a-thon" today with my Mom and sisters (my mom lasted through lunch only ... wimp ... lol)! We seriously had a blast - despite the achy legs and sore feet at the end of the day. Thank you so much for planning it all, M! You are the best ever.

About midway into our trip - we decided Marissa really should have the wonderful experience of having her eyebrows waxed. She's old enough now .... and would really benefit from it ;).

ANYwho ... as she realized what we were setting her up for ... her anxiety set in (if you know Marissa - you KNOW her anxiety levels can be pretty intense :)). And, of course, there was a 20 minute wait ... so she had plenty of time to work up the drama. In the end - a call to Dad did the trick. Tyler told her that he would let her and Melynda wax HIS eyebrows this weekend if she just tried it. CLASSIC. I can't WAIT for tomorrow when this happens.

Here are the before and after pics of Marissa's brows. Not super significant ... except the skin color. Before - teary and blotchy; After - clear and cheery. hahahaha:
Before -
After -


This one is my MOST favorite picture ever ... as she realizes it isn't quite so bad at all ... even kindof humorous -


What a beauty this girlie is. Melynda got her some cool colorful extensions afterwards, and then we all had to get some too. :D How cute is she lookin'? Pretty darn, if ya ask me!!
I love you, Miss! Thanks for a fun day together! I can't believe you're gonna be TWELVE!! That is just craziness! I hope we have lots and lots and lots more good times together in the years to come.

6 comments:

tiffany said...

12 are you serious? i cant belive she is that old already i love the extensions

i had my eyebrows waxed once itwas for angies wedding i will never do that again marissa is awsome for doing that so is ty i wanna see pictures of that please

thanks for sharing

Linz said...

What a beautiful girl! You know - I just had my eyebrows waxed for the very first time about 2 months ago. Painful - but they looked good! Her's look great! She is a doll! Happy birthday in a few days!

Pat and Brent said...

What a trooper you are Miss - and VERY beautiful! You've got really pretty eyebrows that waxing puts on the finishing touch. You're so lucky! Love you. Have a great birthday. (P.S. I'm glad I didn't have to witness the waxing, although the manscape session was a lot of fun!)

Katy said...

Wow! That is something I have never done either! (with blonde eyebrows to boot, I probably will never have the need) She looks beautiful though, and such a fun day!! Happy Birthday!

M- your favorite said...

THANK YOU! all for going! It is so much fun to get together and have a girls day. I love you Miss- I am sorry you had a melt down before you had your eyebrows waxed but I am so glad that you did it! You are AWESOME! I love that we can get together and have a great time! Sure do love you guys!

Plonnie said...

wow, your baby is 12!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's a beauty, and an incredible person as well. i just love her so much and grateful she's in my life. what a good person she is! love the eyebrows! it turned out really good! happy birthday marissa!