"Strength and struggle go hand in hand. Following the path of least resistance makes rivers and men crooked." May we all find strength in our every day battles, despite how small or large. Our lives are strengthened as we feel the support of the loved ones around us.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Home Sweet Home
To be honest - I never in a million years thought I would live in a little hick town such as Spanish Fork. I complained mightily about the long drive when our real estate agent told us to "just come look" out here. And now that we're here - I just canNOT even imagine being somewhere else. I love this town. I love that people volunteer to keep the planter boxes on Main Street looking nice. I love that our ward has a 90% attendance. I love that this city is very involved in 4H - and gives us many opportunities to be involved in bettering ourselves as well. I love that the library here offers endless free classes and activities for my children. I love the open spaces - and cows in the fields within walking distance from my house :). I love that traffic is minimal ... and still drive-able during rush hour. I love that my kids can ride their bikes around the block (we didn't have that when we lived in our Orem condo - it wasnt' safe). I LOVE that my parents live close. I love that there are just a few restaurants - and because we frequent so often - we are offered our "usual" when our server sees us. I am grateful for a home that is big enough for my family - and for friends and neighbors that are incredible people. I love the decorations along Main Street for each holiday. Spanish Fork ... this is my home .... my home sweet home - and we are here to stay.
(Pictures of our favorite Scarecrow Contest entries along Main Street)
I feel the same way about Ivins!! I was so worried about moving to a small little town, but now I don't think I could ever leave! Or at least I know I won't be moving back to a big city! I am so glad that you love Spanish Fork so much! It's always good to be home!
It's funny - after we moved to Provo I was a bit ashamed to admit I grew up in Spanish Fork, but it is a great town. It's so fun to have access to all the small town, community activities. It really is a great place for kids to grow up. And we're both so glad to be close to you as well.
4 comments:
and I love that you are posting so often! Spanish Fork seems like a it's a lot of fun. Definitely my kind of town.
I feel the same way about Ivins!! I was so worried about moving to a small little town, but now I don't think I could ever leave! Or at least I know I won't be moving back to a big city! I am so glad that you love Spanish Fork so much! It's always good to be home!
It's funny - after we moved to Provo I was a bit ashamed to admit I grew up in Spanish Fork, but it is a great town. It's so fun to have access to all the small town, community activities. It really is a great place for kids to grow up. And we're both so glad to be close to you as well.
You missed BeetleJuice! Though I must admit that buttcrack scarecrow and the firefighters were some of my favorites too!
Post a Comment