Friday, October 2, 2009

Zoo Day!

We took advantage of our 3-day weekend last week and (instead of going camping) ventured into SLC for some day activities. It was a FABULOUS (albeit tiring) weekend. We decided to hit the zoo Friday, because only our school district was out of school, and we were hoping to have the zoo more or less to ourselves. NOT THE CASE. I think ALL of Spanish Fork was there ... and then some. But, we were able to see every animal - and it was really a pleasant day.


Definitely the hit of our zoo day was all of the baby animals. We just couldn't get enough of the cute baby elephant ... and sat and watched her play - and ooohed and awwwwed and laughed - for probably 30 minutes. Isn't she just the cutest thing ever? She had so much energy - and was rolling in the mud and running everywhere and splashing water out of her water bucket ... and when she would fall over or trip - she would run and hide behind her Mom's legs. Awwww man - she is a QT!



As you can see ... I took EVERY picture possible ... and humored EVERY single one of the kids' "Take a picture of this, Mom!" And I'm so happy I did. Good memories. Even Krystal throwing a fit right smack in the middle of the path is good memories. We just love our sassy baby!


The baby giraffe was also a favorite. He was so sad, though - 'cuz he would reach and reach with all his might to eat the leaves off of the bushes - and, not being able to reach, would finally plop himself down next to a pile of hay on the ground. :( We were so sad for him. But, he was super cute.


The baby jaguars - very fluffy and sweet:


We were super lucky to have M spend the day with us. My kiddos will do ANYTHING to please her. She's just the best EVER!!


Both Marissa and Tyler love the wolf. It is their favorite animal ... both of 'em! We always seem to get lucky the few times we've been to the zoo - and get a beautiful view of the wolf.


Aaron hasn't been to the zoo since his was like 2 years old - and I think he really loved it. He was SUPER excited to see this Ram, because his school mascot is a ram. Look how teeny his hand looks next to the gorilla print! The gorilla is the only animal we didn't see. I'm not even sure if the Hogle Zoo has a gorilla right now??



I took plenty of pictures at this playground. We all had a great time hanging out here after we had been walking ALL over the zoo:





What a wonderful way to spend a day off of school. OH! We also got to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. SOOOOOOOO deeelish. Just a great day!

8 comments:

M- your favorite said...

I LOVE THE ZOOOOOO!! I love it! I could go weekly! It's so much fun! The baby elephant was so dang cute! so cute! I wanted to pet her. I loved her. Man what is it with animals and me? I love them! thanks for letting me hang out with you guys it sure was a great day!

tiffany said...

looks like fun i love giraffes

Linz said...

I LOVE the Zoo!!! You have to go when it's snowing, though. THAT's when noone is there! ;)

Pat and Brent said...

All of your pictures are super cute. What a fun day! Aaron is quite the little actor - he's a natural. Krystal is so funny - tries so hard to be mad or sad but it doesn't last long. Marissa is so grown up I cant' stand it!!

Kent and Leisy said...

come play with us at the toledo zoo! I swear it's ALWAYS empty and it's even a really really great zoo! looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Jeremy said...

i tried to comment earlier, but the little comment box wouldn't show up, so here i am for round 2!

that baby elephant is so dang cute, i want to go see her so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i haven't been to the zoo in so long. it looks like you guys had a blast.

M looks so pretty, as always. your kids are precious.. even cute pouting kris. she can do no wrong in my eyes. bless her heart for making mine so happy. :) love the one of you and your girls... that's a keepsake for sure!

love you guys!

mandi said...

What a great day! I loved the baby animals too! SO CUTE. Krystal's fit makes me laugh. How can you not smile at those??

Kendra said...

Hi Michelle! Your family is growing up! I can't believe how much they have all changed, especially Marissa! She is beautiful!