Thursday, October 15, 2009

Krystal Gets Stapled

My sweet Krystal was cleaning the bathroom while I was teaching a piano lesson.She was precariously balanced on our *skinny* toilet paper roll holder - and somehow toppled over hitting the back of her head. I set her on the couch to "shake it off" while I finished my lesson and watched her get paler and paler by the minute. When I looked a little closer - she was smeared with blood all over the back of her head. So ... to the doctor we went.

We had to pin her hair up so the doc could get to the cut:


Here she is with the numbing cream on:


And one staple does the trick!


Bless her heart. No more balancing acts while cleaning for her ... I hope. She's all better now - I lost the picture of her getting the staple out. Isn't it cool that a wound can be stapled together? Weird.

5 comments:

Linz said...

=O!!! Oh! Poor Krystal! I am glad she is better now! I hate when kids get hurt! :(

Kent and Leisy said...

It's way cool! I wish I could have been there to do it! - Kent

Katy said...

Poor girly! Glad to see that she was so tough adn still had smiles!

M- your favorite said...

Man that picture still makes me curl my toes. But seeing it in person was worse. I am glad she was fine and she was so brave. Cute little girl!

Plonnie said...

poor little krys. that makes me so sad. i'm glad the staple is out and all is well now, but what a scary thing!!