We shoulda knocked on wood just a little more, because we had ALMOST made it through the entire year without a hospital admittance. But -- it wasn't as horrible as the previous times. Having a care plan made things much easier ... although being there is still very annoying (except that we get our child well, of course). Krystal never reached the sick level of disoriented, jerky, and seizures this time around ... thanks to being able to get her hooked up to an IV so quickly. I still hate the 2nd guessing myself that I go through ... but, once I decided to just take her to the ER ... the doc ended up calling me and telling me to just go straight to pediatrics. Hopefully we won't have to do this again ... but, if we do - there will be NO second guessing. I'll just take her straight in (of course - I think I've said that before). This hospital stay -- the hardest part was keeping her entertained. She was an AWNRY fart ... add that to her natural bossiness and .... sheesh!!! Being aware of everything going on made a difference this time ... I would be mad too if all that crap were happening to me. Plus she was sooooooo thirsty and hungry - but, couldn't have anything until like 9:00 that night ... more than 24 hours without eating/drinking (besides what she threw up that morning). Bless her heart. It was so sad.
The toys, books, coloring supplies, and visitors were sanity savers ... so thanks. :)
She DID manage to observe, "One good thing about getting sick is that I get to see M and grandma since we go to their work."
I really got a kick out of her little toesies sticking out from under this rolling table .... :)
MAN ... I'm glad she's better and home now. It's exhausting.






7 comments:
poor little monkey! sorry you guys had to spend a day at the hospital. I'm glad things got better so fast this time.
Oh man! I am so sorry that she had to go to the hospital! I am glad she is better now! Love you guys!
Hate the fact she had to go to the hospital- but I love the fact we have a hospital she can go to. I am glad you have a care plan it does make it a lot nicer. Poor girl! I am glad she is getting better! Love her!
Oh no, that is not fun!! You guys are all such troopers! Sweet girl - glad she's better!
I'm so sorry she is sick. So glad you know not to wait. I hope she gets well soon.
It's totally amazing how fast she got better with early treatment. I'm so glad!!! She's a little fireball that girl. Can't keep her down long!
congrats on almost making it the whole year! that really is impressive considering all the other years where it seemed like the hospital saw you more than most any one else! i'm SO glad she's better.. but its just so heart breaking that she got sick. it makes me so sad. i love that little one. she's just precious, even when she's awnry. oh, i just love her. and i love the toesies... so cute. glad you got that picture.
Post a Comment