Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tonsilectomy

Aaron had his tonsils taken out on July 20th.  It was NOT a good time.

After we got home, he couldn't stop throwing up for the rest of the day.  We were totally freaking out.  After a call to the doctor - and a hefty dose of phenergan - he was able to sleep heavily enough to keep down the little chunks of popcycle I forced into his mouth every hour.  Sheesh - that was not fun.

Of course, Grandma Pat and Grandpa Brent had to find him the coolest toy possible (an air-bender trick toy), and that put a smile on his face and kept him happy when he wasn't vomiting.
Mainly - the next week consisted of THIS:
A lot of sleeping.  He really did not feel good for a long time -- nearly 2 weeks!  We're glad that's over and are hopeful that strep throat won't keep the kids from missing so much school this year.

Aaron's back to normal now, except that he thinks he needs ice cream with every meal ...

3 comments:

Linz said...

That poor guy! I am glad he's better now!

I want that toy. Really.

Kent and Leisy said...

I remember getting my tonsils out and it was MISERABLE. so painful and just so terrible! I'm glad he's feeling better and I hope you guys can stay healthy this year!
-leisy

tiffany said...

oh man that stinks im so sorry it doesnt sound fun at all

and i want ice cream after every meal that sounds yummy