Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friday Night Lights ... uhhhh ... Make that Saturday Morning Flags :)

Aaron managed to make it through his first football season during the month we were gone, so he missed several games and practices. But, he seemed to enjoy the times he was there!  I have to admit, I wasn't super excited about the whole "football" experience, and there were several times I wasn't sure about it AT ALL ... (like the first time Aaron got pushed - HARD - by another kid playing defense).  Totally surprised Aaron - nearly knocked him over - and brought tears to his eyes.  When Tyler explained to him that that was what he needed to do, Aaron told me he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  I tell ya - we've got ourselves a football player!   hahahaha.  Nah - he got better and better as the season dragged on slipped by.  :)  And now - he cannot get ENOUGH football.  He plays it every recess - and constantly with the neighborhood boys.  And, even though these pics aren't super clear - I really love them. 

The huddle:

Aaron played Center almost every game.  Here he is snapping the ball.  He is AWESOME at it!  He planned a FHE/Obstacle Course for us one Monday where we had to snap a football.  I'm here to tell ya - it is MUCH harder than it looks!  I never was able to get a good snap with many tries.  Aaron's snaps were perfect or nearly perfect every single time.

Getting better at blocking (hopefully without hurting any feelings!  ;))

I loved how all the boys ran toward the guy with the ball ...

Looking pretty intimidating, if ya ask me!  haha.  So dang cute.

I like basketball season so much better (I know - what kind of mother AM I?)

2 comments:

Linz said...

That is SO sweet! I love Aaron! Didn't want to hurt feelings. What a great little man! I am glad he had fun!

Kent and Leisy said...

I have a feeling that Zeb would be the same as aaron! but I know Ike would love plowing into each and every player on the field.