Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter Extravaganza!

... and I'm not kiddin' when I say "Extravaganza".  This post'll include ALL of Easter weekend = lots and lots of pictures.  :)

We started off Easter weekend watching these cute cousins for Brandon and Tina's anniversary.  The kids were seriously in heaven!  Letting them sleep wall to wall like this (with Amy - nearly 2 years - in her portable crib just over in the corner) was not our smartest move.  We couldn't get them to sleep until after midnight - and they were all up bright and early by 7 am the next morning.  haha!  It was a party all right.

We met up with the rest of the Jenson clan that Saturday afternoon for some yummy food, good company, and an Easter basket hunt!
 

 

Here are Krystal and Tina entertaining themselves (and everyone else) with just a few Peeps as props.  Gotta love Aunt Tina!  Ain't she the best?!
 

 Easter morning:

I think it's so funny that all three of my kids "crack" their easter eggs open to find the candy inside!  They tap them on the sides of their baskets before splitting them open.  :P  Why is this so amusing to me?

Aaron got permission from the Easter bunny to download "Bejeweled" on his phone (he'd been begging and begging AND begging for it for weeks)!  Needless to say - he dropped everything to get that going.  Silly kid.  How in the world was it ever possible to survive without phones and electronic games and internet?!  Kinda sad in a way, huh?  I'm not toooooo sad, though.  ;)  Life is sure convenient in so many ways.

The biggest hit of all were these window markers.  The kids spent all morning before church drawing on our sliding glass doors.  However - now a month later - I refuse to let them use them again, because I am STILL trying to clean off the smear marks all over the windows.  Sheesh!!  NOT as washable as claimed - believe me! 
 

 Sunday evening we headed over to the Millers for more Easter fun, yummy food, and intense game playing.
Krystal, Krystal - what in the world is this face?  hahaha!

"Stir the Pot" - now you can know (and for my kids - you can always REMEMBER) - what the "Stir the Pot" game is!  M will have to explain how she came up with the title.  And - no one will EVER top gramps in the enthusiastic "hot/cold/ON FIRES"!  

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for each of us.  Easter celebrates that amazing man, our brother and Savior, and I am forever grateful for His example and love.  "I know that my Redeemer lives - what comfort this sweet sentence gives!"