Saturday, May 28, 2011

Krystal "Digs" her Garden

Krystal's one request from us for her 6th birthday was her own garden ... strawberries, peas, tomatoes, and carrots .... to be exact.  So seeds and a shovel she got.  She has been pestering me every day since April 12th to please PLEASE get her garden going!  In the mean time - she was by my side EVERY time I was out in the yard weeding and getting the soil more and more ready.  She's quite the good worker.  I'm grateful I can count on her to help me pull weed after weed after weed after weed after weed after weed after weed after weed after weed .... (ya get the jist, yeah?)  :o/!

FINALLY - the rain died down enough that this little plot was not just mud and was all ready.  She helped me build a little "frame" out of rocks for each of her plants - and she planted away:  strawberries, peas, tomatoes, and carrots.  


Looking pretty proud!

She is out there every day making sure there are no new weeds sprouting and that they are well watered.

OH, how I hope those peas and carrots grow for her!

This girl really digs gardening and yard work!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

what a fun birthday present in my mind gardening is fun then i really think about it & im not sure if I would be willing to do all the work it takes to have a garden krystal is so cute i hope they grow for her too

Linz said...

She is SO cute!!! What a wondeful gift! We were not blessed with green thumbs in our house. Too bad...

Way to go Krystal!!

Angie said...

How fun for her. I hope it all grows well. You should show her Tracy's gardening blog.