Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Krystal Krystal Krystal

Krystal is quickly becoming toothless on us as she has no problem yanking her own teeth out when they're a day or two loose!  :)  The tooth fairy forgot to come (like usual) one night - Krystal was just disgusted and told Tyler to call that tooth fairy right away to sort things out.  Well, lo and behold, that tooth fairy took care of business right then and there while Tyler was on the phone with her!  When Krystal looked under her pillow a few minutes later, she was extremely impressed!  Thank goodness she's got that dad-ee-o to whoop the tooth fairy into shape.  ;)  Krystal was also SUPER excited for the first snowfall of the year (and I am super excited that it has been the only snow fall so far!) -- she built this cute lil' snowman gal all on her own.  NO HELP FROM ANYONE!!!  I was quite proud of her.  Cutie.
 

Then, of course, that same night - she started to feel sick.  But - it didn't keep her from laughing her head off at Tyler's silliness:

It DID get worse through the night, though, and she ended up in the hospital on Sunday.  We had a horrible experience that day due to the resident doctor that wouldn't let her be treated for 4 hours after she was admitted! (Because Krystal was admitted by the on call doctor, the resident doctor didn't think Krystal's care plan [from her regular pediatrician] should be followed, but opted to wait until the on call pediatrician could come give orders -- telling me, "ma'am, your daughter isn't that dehydrated!  She's going to be fine waiting." ) My Mom ended up calling the Supervisor ... and then Krystal was hooked up within 10 minutes.  Dr. Neilsen (Krystal's pediatrician) was furious, and we now have his personal cell phone number so that won't happen again.  :)  Krystal ended up having to stay for THREE days -- her longest stay yet.  DRAINING.   I have to admit, I lost a little faith in resident doctors that day  (Kent -- we need you HERE please.  ;))
 

After Thanksgiving, I made Krystal and Aaron go to bed early through the entire weekend.  They were ticked.  But, Melynda gave 'em a good snuggle to bring back some smiles.

Krystal is doing better now, although she has a lingering cold.  The little stink -- I hate it when she gets sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanksgiving posts next, and then I'm caught up!  Woot!  Woot!

5 comments:

Linz said...

Oh, that sweet sweet girl!! She is getting toothless!!

I am so sorry about that resident. What a... well. I'll refrain from what I was going to say. It was saucy though. I am glad she's okay now!

Can't wait to see the Thanksgiving post!

tiffany said...

toothless might have turned into a night fury if the tooth fairy hadnt come right then

stupid resident dr

glad she is feeling better she is a cutie i love the last picture

Pam and Rand said...

Thank goodness for clout from mom - I hope that resident learned a lesson! I love the teeth - so funny!

pat said...

Cute, cute Krystal. Love that she's aware that her missing teeth form a triangle in her mouth. So glad she's better in spite of a poor decision to withhold treatment. (Still seething) Hope it's her LAST hospitalization.

mandi said...

Darling girl! She's so crazy cute.

I seriously CANNOT believe that stupid doctor!!! That is so maddening, I can't even stand it! I'm so glad she is doing better!