Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dee!

11 Wonderfuls about my Wonderful 11 year old:




1. She cheers her brother and sister on in EVERYTHING they do.

2. She is one of the hardest workers I have ever known.

3. She has a great sense of humor - I am seriously in awe with some of the things she says - SO funny!

4. She is GREAT with little kids - sweet and sensitive and fun and loving and kind.

5. She is willing to give anything that could be good a serious try ... she has never given up.

6. Her laugh. It just fills my heart with joy.

7. She has a huge amount of compassion - Krystal often goes to her before she'll come to me for comfort.

8. She is good. She has a testimony that she cherishes - and she always tries to choose the right.

9. She has a pretty good attitude (unless, of course, she is in the process of "giving me attitude" - haha) - hand her a bunch of lemons - and you'll be sure to get lemonade. She is almost ALWAYS the first one to say 'sorry'.

10. She is beautiful. Seriously - not just because she is my daughter. She glows with outward and inner beauty.

11. She is mine. I'm so lucky and grateful to have her. I am proud to be called her mother.


Happy Birthday, Marissa! I love you!!

9 comments:

TyGuy said...

Marissa- Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe you are 10 (I refuse to admit you are actually 11, if I have told you once, I've told you a hundred times you cannot get any older). I have to second Mom's comments about you. You are all eleven of those items. I would also add that I love you call me Daddy, and always make sure to give me a big hug before you go off to bed.

I love you sweetheart. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

M- your favorite said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I am so glad that I got to spend time with you today! Thanks for always making my day a good one. You are the happest person. I LOVE spending time with you. Thanks for a great day!

LOVE YOU SO MANY!!

Melisa said...

Happy birthday. You are such a fun and beautiful girl. I love that I get to see you everyday when I pick you up from school. You always have a smile on your face. We love you.

Linz said...

Happy birthday Marissa!!! You truely are a beautiful young woman! Hope your day is wonderful!

PS - I am totally jealous of your guitar hero...

Plonnie said...

marissa! you're eleven!! holy moley cheese fazoli! i know i haven't known you your WHOLE ENTIRE life, but i think we were friends up in the p.e. because i've always admired the way you are so positive and selfless and i just love being around you. one of my biggest fears in life is that you will be too cool for me one day and think i'm a true weirdo. :) even if you ever do, i'll still love you with my WHOLE ENTIRE heart and i would do anything for you. thanks for being in my life!! i'll never forget when you lived at the brown house and that first time you asked your mom if i could read you bed time stories. that really made my whole week and still means so much to me to this day. you are an inspiration having gone through all that you have and still a shining light of love. i just love you so much! i can't wait to see you again!! hope your birthday was the best ever!! love you pretty girl!

Kent and Leisy said...

happy happy bday marissa (a little late!).

Pat and Brent said...

Here, here on all eleven! Marissa is a beautiful, special girl! We love you so much. Have a very good year to come!!

tiffany said...

happy birthday marrissa

michelle can i borrow her for a little bit so i can be that great?

Anonymous said...

HOW CAN SHE BE ELEVEN ALREADY??! She's such a beautiful, sweet girl! We love her! Happy Birthday Marissa!! (sorry I'm late!)