
First of all - I LOVE the Fablehaven series - and purchased this third book the same week it came out. Today I read in the newspaper that this book bumped Harry Potter off of the New York Times"Top 10 Best Sellers" list for the first time in THREE years. Granted - everyone in the world probably already owns all the Harry Potter books. But still - that's sayin' something!
Along with Brandon Mull in the "Top 10 Best Sellers" list is Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" series. Two LDS authors on that list - I thought that was pretty cool.
Also - another LDS author - Shannon Hale ... she is an amazing story teller. Her newest book "Book of a Thousand Days" is #12 on the list. Super good book! I just ordered it from Marissa's book order - so, all of you that are waiting for it from the library (okay - maybe I'm the only one that actually does that - haha) - just give me a call. :)
Also noteworthy ... Melynda introduced me to all three of these amazing authors. She always picks the best books. Thanks M!
5 comments:
You know, I had never heard of Fablehaven until just a few days ago when Angie told me to look into it! Now I am seeing them everywhere! I am going to have to check them out! Yea! I love good books! Melynda does have great taste!
OK, so I'm looking forward to reading them. Always looking for a good read! Thanks.
i have never heard of fablehaven. whats it about? i dont own any harry potter books just the movies and i have never read them either. one of my visiting teachers (her and her husband used to home teach me) just let me borrow the "twilight" series on wednsday so im going to start reading those soon we have visiting teaching groups of 6 of us and tere was 4 of us there on wed. all 3 of them have loved loved loved and went on & on & on about the twiight series i think there is going to be a moive about them. i hope i like them
yay! i'm back in the blogging world!!
and i've also started reading UGLIES. so far so good. i like it.
great seeing you guys on saturday. thanks so much for hanging out! it always makes my day to see you and your family.
love you so much.
lv plonnie
Michelle, I want to read that Shannon Hale book! I love getting book refereals from you.
Post a Comment