Saturday, May 24, 2008

Separation Anxiety


First - a little history: Tyler has this "Stress Testing" card that we always have a lot of fun with. He's had it for awhile now. It has a black square where you can put your thumb and then it will give you a "reading": black = stressed, red = anxious, green = normal, blue = calm. Anyway - Tyler and I take this test every week or so ... just for fun. I am always black ... and sometimes black lined with red. For those of you that know me well - this fits :). When I try to think of the most relaxing thing I can, and then take the test - I can usually get all red. On the other hand, Tyler is ALWAYS blue. Sometimes we have him think of the most stressful things he can to see if he can get his stress level up, but - lo and behold - the test stays blue. For those of you that know Tyler - this fits ... he is impossible to stress out - THE most kicked back guy you'll ever meet.



ANYWAY - yesterday, Tyler left for Boston - and will be gone for two weeks. This is BY FAR the longest we have ever been apart since his mission. We really have never been apart for more than a day or two. We can't stand it. So - Ty pulled out the stress test just for kicks ... and, would you look at that? He is a GREEN. His separation anxiety brought him to a normal stress level. hahahaha. I love my man. I already miss him more than ever. He is SUCH an amazing person. I'm counting down the days until his return.


Speaking of separation anxiety - I get to start my new calling (as Primary Teacher for the CTR 5 Class) this Sunday ... and Krystal is still struggling in nursery (granted they don't have leaders in there yet - just parents and 1 or 2 subs). Needless to say, I am really nervous about the next two Sundays without TyTy. Krystal is really a Daddy's girl too. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

7 comments:

Brandon Jenson said...

Michelle and Kids-
I just want to tell you that I miss you all so very much. I arrived safely last night, and Brandon and Tina are taking good care of me! I will be thinking of you constantly!!!

Love ya all,

Dad

tiffany said...

good luck with him gone for so long i wish i could see my man everyday no such luck for me. i also tech ctr5 in my ward it has already been a year that i have been in love the kids hate teaching in fact last week the other teacher did sharing time and we stared watching saturdays warriors this today it was my turn to teach so guess what we did continued with saturdays worriors sometime soon we will probably finish it have fun

The Davies Family said...

Fun calling! We still remember teaching little Missy D in our CTR 5 class and how Ryan would always put his arm around me..then next thing all the boys are putting their arms around the girls..especially Merissa..that was too cute.
What's Ty doing in Boston? Too bad he's not closer we could show him the town

Heather M. said...

I'd be interested to see what the card looks like the day he gets back. And here's a science experiment - does it change at ALL between morning and night? Maybe we should just get a Stress Card and play with it. Sounds like a lot of fun. HANG IN THERE! We'll come by to see you LOTS so you can get distracted and forget how long he's gone.

Linz said...

Awww! I am sorry that he will be gone so long! Yuck! Good luck on Sunday!

Plonnie said...

michelle! congrats on the calling!! i love hearing when you are in primary. you're the best person for the job!

i hope you guys do well without tyler. i know it'll be hard. we can relate these next couple of weeks in that area.

that stress card, that's so funny... we had the same exact card when we were little. that's fun that you guys pull it out often. hahaha!! love it!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome - I want one of those cards! That would be totally the same for me and Paul. haha!