Monday, May 26, 2008

Ty does NYC

As promised, here are the NYC pictures. We left Brandon and Tina's around 6:00 am and drove into the city. We made great time, and had lots of laughs (don't ever say the word parabola around me).














Our first stop was the Empire state building. Here you see me looking all calm, but inside I was thinking of ways I could see the sights with out being so close to the ledge! I was able to reach through the bars that were keeping me safe to get this picture. NYC looks so cool from up here.





























After we reached the safety of the ground, we headed over to time square. I couldn't believe all the people. As one who loves watching people, I was like a kid in a candy shop. After satiating my vouyeristic tendencies, we decided it was time to eat lunch. We sat down in Central Park and ate PB&J's. Tina's sandwich making skills were greatly appreciated.










After resting, we peeled ourselves of the grass to head on to the Manhattan Temple. How awesome is it that there is a Temple in Manhattan! It is right there in the middle of all the huge buildings!


We kept moving on to see Ground Zero. What a sombre experience that was. AJ has been asking lots of questions regarding the attacks on 9/11. It was neat to once again feel the spirit of patriotism that I did shortly after the attacks.

















Our final stop was the Statue of Liberty. We decided not to take the ferry ride over, but we could still see it off in the distance.

All in all it was a great day, we also included a subway ride, and hailing a taxi to our NYC experience.

10 comments:

tiffany said...

im onsanly jelous of you being in new york i want to go so bad. my next huge trip is new york maybe i can talk my boyfreind into going he went to new york on his mission. have tons of fun

tiffany said...

and if im really really nice would you be willing to send me a copy of the statue of liberty picture? im obssed with lady liberty

heidi said...

How fun! New York is one of my favorite places. I'm glad you're back home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Awesome - great pictures! I can't wait have my own adventure in New York ~ maybe someday before we move from Ohio.

Linz said...

I heart NYC!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Yea!!!

Michelle said...

Hey hon' -

Thanks SO MUCH for the post. I'm so glad you brought the camera and card reader ... VERY worth it. I LOVED IT!! Can't wait 'til you get home, but - I'm glad you're having a good time.

Tiff - go ahead and just right click on that pic ... then save it to your computer - and voila ... it's yours! What brought on the liberty lady obsession?

Lex - I canNOT believe that we didn't think about having you guys meet up out in NY!!!!! DUH!!! They ARE on a major time crunch ... since most of the trip is to pack up and move Brandon - so, they just took a one day trip to NYC (8 of those hours travel time). But - worth it - as it looks from the pics.

Love to all!

M- your favorite said...

WOW! Ty looks like fun. I hope someday I can go and enjoy N.Y. Looks like a blast!

tiffany said...

i have no idea what brought the obssesion i have always been fasanation with new york

Plonnie said...

awesome tyler!!!!!!!!!!! looks like you're having so much fun!!! i'll see you in a couple of weeks

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! I want to go there so bad! Glad you had a great time!!