Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Proud Parent

Today Marissa did her big, HUGE presentation in class, and she did a spectacular job. I'm glad she's done - I've been the nagging queen for 3 weeks now :)!

Anyway - her teacher pulled me aside and told me how wonderful Marissa is - how she is the kindest person she knows. Apparantly 4th grade girls can be pretty mean - and she just wanted me to know that Marissa is always putting her arm around someone who is feeling left out - and always has such nice things to say to the people around her. She went on to tell me that Marissa has a "generous heart" and shows love to everyone - and that she never is a part of mean gossip.

THEN - to top the day off - Aaron recieved a letter in the mail from a lady in Primary telling him that she is thankful for how well he sings and listens during Singing/Sharing Time.

These were very proud moments as a parent today! It really IS the little things that count in life - the simple hellos, smiles, warm comments, or hugs that make life worthwhile. I need to remember the wonderful qualities my children possess - ESPECIALLY when I'm in "nag mode". These were great reminders.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

That is really a great compliment to Mariss and to you and Tyler! You really should be proud of yourselves too because I'm sure that she has learned from your example. I think it's so great that Mariss is one of those girls who can be friends with everyone. She reminds me of my little sis who has all kinds of friends because she stays out of the gossip that goes around. You have three sweet little kids!

M- your favorite said...

That is so nice! Marissa is such a sweet thing! We love her so much. I'm sure she did a great job on her presentation, because she has you for a mom and Ty for a dad. You guys are such great parents. I love it when you have great stories to tell about your kids. They mean everything to me and to our family. So thanks for raising such great kids. :)

Pat and Brent said...

It is so GREAT to have GOOD kids! Marissa, Aaron and Krystal - you are amazing and awesome. Gramps and I are awfully proud!!