Monday, March 3, 2008

Kent is to Blame - in a good way, of course :)

So, we are huge video game fans. We have recently purchased "Zelda: Twilight Princess" for our Nintendo Wii - and we LOVE it! Ty -n- I rationalize these kinds of purchases, because they really DO save us money in our entertainment fund ... 'cuz all we want to do is stay home and play! :) Seriously, though - I blame our obsession on my dear brother Kent - who got us involved in this type of stuff in the beginning.

It all began with our endless, yet VERY entertaining and enjoyed, saga of Heroes Quest. O man - even though it was a board game .... we had very vivid imaginations. And playing against Kent ... well ... priceless. Tyler and I became oh so close during those fierce decision making game plays! :) And then - Kent moved us along to the Myst games. Let me just say - we were hooked easily. And, again ... playing along side Kent = priceless. The last couple in the Myst games, Tyler and I were on our own. And although we finished them - and played them diligently - we had to cheat on almost every puzzle. Our brain power just wasn't the same without good ol' Kenter Qube.
So, anyway, Kent - this post goes out to you - and how you brought me and Ty together in one of the only things that we have in common ... video gaming. haha. This Zelda game is SO much fun - wish you were here with us. Lotsa love.

8 comments:

Plonnie said...

sounds like fun. i wonder if i would like these sorts of games if i game them a try.

Plonnie said...

or gave them a try... whatever! haha!

M- your favorite said...

Good old Kent and his games! I think he made the gameing world a lot better. We now all play by the rules and we are in it for blood. (or I guess I am) :) Anyways I love games. I am so glad you found something in common. That is always good!

Linz said...

Looks and sounds fun! For some reason I haven't ever gotten into video games. Or board games for that matter. We still have some games in the original wrapping that we got for our wedding! LOL!

Kent and Leisy said...

funny that now gaming (nintendo, etc) is non existent in our home! it's probably mostly due to me! we were never allowed to have those types of things in our house and now I have an extreme aversion to them!! I don't want to say never, but I really don't think I'll cave to the craze.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Hero Quest SOO much fun!!! I vividly remember that Christmas afternoon carefully punching out each and every playing piece, assembling all the furniture and reading every detailed instruction imagining how much fun the game would be. One problem: no one to play it with. I can't believe you and Tyler humored me to play every single adventure. It wasn't easy - I made you work hard for every spell, weapon and secret.

Keep me away from Zelda. If I played I'd be hooked. I played guitar hero over Christmas and wouldn't stop until I had passed a song on level hard. I can only imagine what would happen if I tried Zelda...
Love you guys!

Melisa said...

Thanks so MUCH for coming to Sophies party! Sophie loves the princess barbie we have had to get in the tub a couple times already so she could play with it!

McEwan had lots of fun with Aaron also! cant wait until they can play more often its getting so close!

Ok this is the longest post ever sorry!

tiffany said...

i am like lindsay never got into vidao or board games you make them sound so fun i'll have to try them some time