How many of you remember playing Barbies and/or Cabbage Patch dolls? Me, Kristy, and Melynda used to call it CP for short - so we could try to trick Kent, so he wouldn't tell on us if we didn't let him play - haha - very rarely worked. Well, my idea of "playing" consisted of getting the dolls dressed as adorable as possible, fixing their hair in yet another fantastic style, and RE-setting them up in their homes ... much different from my daughters' immense imaginative play. Krystal and Marissa have never cared AT ALL about what their dolls' hair looks like ... or even if they have clothes on ...
ANYWHO ... Melynda found this REALLY fun blog of a mom who posts her childrens' hairstyles with instructions. I was in awe. When Marissa was little, I always would fix her hair in extravagant hair-dos. But, for some reason, ever since Krystal was born - I very rarely fix my girls' hair. Hmmmmm. So, after viewing this blog in detail, I was inspired. Below are pictures of the hairstyles I accomplished today .... and I realized how theraputic and rejuvinating it was for me. Although these "do's" took some time today - I remember being very speedy in the past. Hopefully, my girlies will continue to have fabulous hair - for a little while, anyway. Miss can fix her own hair now - so, she might just let me every once in a while.





9 comments:
Very cute hair! I used to love fixing you girls up with cute hairdo's but it seems like once you turned about 9 you refused to let me. Your girls are beautiful!
Yes their hair was WAY cute today! I think some of my best memmories growing up are playing CP and BD. Every once in a while we let Kent be Ken; I think he got bored of it pretty quick.
I love the hairdos!! Auri almost never lets me fix her hair, so I am really jealous!!! So cute!!
Also - I always managed to make my mom really angry when I was a kid because I would always cut my Barbie's hair off. And put makeup (REAL makeup) on my CP dolls. Heehee. Good times.
I LOVED the girls hair. It was so cute! Way to go. With out ever doing Marissa's or Krystals hair- it always seems to be cute. But I'm glad you are doing hair agian.
so is marissa feeling better??? she looks a whole lot better than when i saw her bed ridden. sad :(
i love the hair!! the girl's always look so cute! i don't do hair.. you've seen my boys... wow, imagine if i had a girl! she'd look ca RaY zy!!! you're girls are always so cute!
yeah, so maybe I should just have all boys. I don't have the patience or apititude for anything like that.
i made lindsay mad when cp first came out she asked me one day to play barbies with her i told her no becuse i was to old (we had gottn cp for christmas that year) she wont let me live it down i love the hair do's you can do my hair any time i love haveing other people do my hair
I've always been amazed at your girls' hair! You always do the most amazing things and it's always parted so straight and even. I just can't do it! Those hairstyles are sooo cute! It helps that your girls are beautiful, too. :)
You're girls' hair is so cute!!
I want the website if you will pass it on!! I am always looking for newer better hairstyles for my girls, of course they hardly ever let me do their hair either!!
Thanks and take care! Love you all!
Post a Comment