Monday, March 24, 2008

A Week in the Life of the Jenson Clan

Our backyard is a TOTAL adventure. Every child that has played back there has stepped shin deep in a mud puddle at least once (ugh!) - haha. But, the kids are learning to stay away from the mud and just enjoy the dirt. It must seem so HUGE to them - Aaron always says, "I'm gonna go climb the mountain out back, Mom!" It'll be nice to get a yard in - but, for now - the kids are in heaven.
We had a fabulous Easter. The kids love having the Easter bunny come - and spending time with family. We had our traditional "Easter Egg Roll" at Grover and DeAnns on Saturday. Mom and Dad made a FEAST for Easter Sunday ... so good. We enjoyed an incredible Sacrament Meeting by our ward choir. What a wonderful weekend!


We are still trying to unpack and find places for everything ... but here's a little of what we've done so far. The pictures below show the family room/dining room area. We are in love with our new couches. They are so comfy. I'm hoping to get a little more color in there - couch pillows, something above that big window, and maybe a rug. Any other suggestions?
Here's the kidlings bathroom. It is the one room that is finished ... well, except for a shower rug (we've got the monkey rug in front of the sink now). :) And the list goes on and on .... hahaha. Anyway - documenting will continue! Stay tuned. ;)

9 comments:

M- your favorite said...

Michelle- I love your house. you are doing a great job with decorations! I love your couches also-they are so nice! Easter was very good. I also enjoyed the feast. I was very disappointed that mom did not have a easter basket with candy to share with everyone. No just kidding- I know I am a grown up now. Dang-it! :) Anyways- love what you are doing to the house!

Linz said...

I love your monkey bathroom. I am totally jealous! Your house looks a-ma-zing! I am so happy for you! Glad the kids are enjoying the grand adventure of the backyard! Yea!

tiffany said...

love the house it is beutiful the monkey bathroom is great i love monkeys and that mountin is great i might just have to climb it myself and mud is so much funner than dirt

Kent and Leisy said...

We love the bathroom!! How fun. Thanks for the update. Show your piano please - that's what I really want to see. Unpacking is my favorite part of moving (if there is a favorite part of moving).

Plonnie said...

i'm so happy i've seen it all!! the pictures are great, but in person it's more than wonderful. probably because of the awesome spirit that sweeps over you when you walk in!! i love it all... the couches.. the the colors, the kitchen! the fun bathroom... the bed we will soon embed in. i love it love it love it all!! you are SO GOOD at decorating. it all just looks so awesome!

Michelle said...

Kent - piano room has to wait. I need 2 weeks to have my big decos ready and up ... then, I'll post. Oh - the anticipation .... :)

Zak said...

Ty and Michelle! your house looks fabulous. I'm very jealous of your front room- nice tv and a wii with nice couches and all- it looks great!

The Davies Family said...

Very cute, you've always had such a knack for decorating..I can't wait until we have our own home..be prepared for a phone call and maybe you should invest in a web cam too...then I can show you what I have to work with and you can give me all sorts of suggestions! Congrats again about being in teh new home!

Pat and Brent said...

I'm so happy for you - your home is beautiful! So organized - it is amazing that you've accomplished so much in such a short time. It's not every kid that has their own mountain to climb! They'll have some great memories.