Hmmmm ... Couldn't be Marissa, Krystal, or Aaron - because I was feeding them. Perhaps my other kid (Tyler IS just a big kid at heart, you know)? Well - lo and behold - nicely rinsed out next to the sink - is the "kid" bowl Tyler used for his cereal this morning before work. And - along with so helpfully rinsing his dishes - he put the milk away ... for easier access the next day? hahahahaha. Gotta love my kiddo hubby! I sure do.
And - on a more frustrating note. I got a call from the hospital today. Apparantly - they did one of Aaron's lab tests wrong. AAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! That makes me so frustrated! His lab was suppose to be frozen for this specific test - and it wasn't. So, lucky us - we get to take Aaron in (tears and all) to have the labs drawn again. Really - it isn't a huge deal. But, having blood drawn is a little more traumatic for a 6 year old than it would be for me. And - we BETTER not get charged twice for it! Oh, the joys of life, eh?
Actually - I don't think I blogged what is going on with Aaron. The doctor had a test done that suggested that Aaron has a rare metabolic disorder (called Acyl-carnitine translocase deficiency) that involves not using the long-chain fatty acid stores for energy when he goes too long without eating. So, when he has the flu - or is sick - and doesn't eat as much as normal - big problems happen and he ends up in the hospital. The lab work will help the metabolic specialist and geneticist at Primary Children's treat him. So, we're hoping for a child that just has normal reactions to viruses in the future. The doctor also thinks both Krystal and Marissa possibly have the same disorder. I'll post more as I get more info.
At least I have the milk in the pantry to chuckle about all day. ;)
9 comments:
HAHAHA! That's funny!!
So sorry about Aaron! That is so hard. When Auri was a year old we were told that she may have a Metabolic disorder too, where she hypermetabolised the food she ate (explaining her extreme skinniness), but after a year or more of testing, they decided that she didn't and was just skinny. I know how traumatic this kind of thing is, but at least you'll know what the problem is so you can work with it! Good luck!!! Love you!
tyler.. that is just too funny. i think i will be laughing about that all day too. you just gotta love him.
i hope the people that deal with aaron's blood get it right this time. that is so frustrating!!!
I can relate with the kid/husband scenario! That's so funny!
I'm glad they're figuring out what Aaron has. I can't STAND it when they mess tests up like that. When Oliver was just a day old they woke us both up at like 3 am to stick his foot for a blood test, and then later in the day they said, "Whoops we lost that one, sorry, let's do it again!" I was so livid and the nurse just said, "It's ok, he won't remember it." Oh, so let's just keep sticking him with needles unnecessarily then! SO MADDENING. That was a long story, but anyway, I feel for you.
By the way, your house looks GORGEOUS! I love the way you've decorated it. I can't wait to see the rest! I'm so glad you guys are finally getting settled. Hooray!
Ty is so silly! That is good to have something to laugh about. I am so sorry about Aaron-That makes me mad when mistakes are made. The thing is we are human and mistakes happen- I'm just sorry it had to happen to Aaron (or any kid for that matter) I can't wait to see the cute pictures hagging up. I bet it looks really good!
Love you guys!
Zeb had a lot of pointless tests done because the scale wasn't working properly after he was born. It toughened him (and us) up from the first few days of life. If the test can help him to not get so sick, it will be well worth it!
(If the tests can help Aaron...) sorry for that confusing comment
TY, all I have to say is....HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE!!!! I've been chuckling all day!!! Thanks for the funny story.
I sure hope they figure out what is going on with ar bear. Your kids are just to adorable to be spending time in the hospital!!
-B
That's too bad..I HATE having blood work done on the kiddies..so traumatizing! Hopefully all is well with that cute little guy. Let us know.
I do love the milk incident..its a good thing your other kid knew how to get into the fridge!
im sorry he has to get more tests done i hate getting blood drawn and that is funny about the milk in the pantry way to help out ty
Post a Comment