Sunday, March 30, 2008

You know you're a great parent when ...

The other day, Aaron got THE cutest letter from one of his friends in his kindergarten class and ward in Orem (see below). I know ... she is an amazing writer for a kindergartener. Wow.

Anyway ... Aaron naturally wanted to write her a letter in response. So, tonight, as he was writing the letter - he was asking quite often how to spell certain words. His last sentence he wrote in his letter was "We can be pen pals!" When he started the first letter of that sentence - he piped up, saying, "Oh - I don't need help with this word. We ... [W - I - I], right mom?" Yeah. I'm feeling pretty good right about now.


8 comments:

Linz said...

WII!!! Too funny!!! He is so cute! That is the sweetest letter! What a wonderful friend!

Anonymous said...

That letter is SO PRECIOUS! That is hilarious that he knows how wii is spelled! So cute!

M- your favorite said...

That is so silly! I love the WII that is great. That letter is so cute! What a smart boy!

STL Crew said...

Luke did the exact same thing the other day!! That is so funny! We had to do a little review of the 'sight words' from school! Too cute! I'm glad they are loving the WII that much!

Plonnie said...

michelle! if you didn't know you were a great parent before that letter then i think you might be a little out of it. everyone knows you're the best parent that ever lived.
i love the letter. what a sweet friend to write that to aaron just out of the blue. it doesn't suprise me because aaron is such a sweetie. i love that he wrote her back! so so cute!

tiffany said...

cute letter. isnt that how wii always been spelled?

Pat and Brent said...

Aaron is so dang cute - already breaking hearts!

The Davies Family said...

How cute! That kid kills me..I hope he's making new friends too! and 'goofy' too. I miss you guys! I hope you are making friends too!
Sweet hook-up on the Miley Cyrus tickets..wow, on sale already!