Thursday, July 19, 2007

3 More Days

Thinker #3: POSSIBILITIES ...

What main character do YOU think could possibly die in Deathly Hallows? Is there ANYway that it could be Harry's best mate, Ron Weasley?

Some points to ponder ...
  • Ron's offhand comment about what he read in his tea leaves: "Die, Ron, Die!"

  • Ron willingly sacrificed himself once in the giant chess match in Book 1, so Harry could continue onward to get the Sorcerers Stone.

  • Ron's wands - both contained a unicorn hair. Cedric Diggory's wand contained a unicorn hair (and we all know Cedric's fate). Ron's second wand was made from a willow tree. The only other character we know of that had a willow wand was Lily Potter, Harry's mother, who sacrificed HERself for Harry.

  • Ron feels a little lost in a family where everyone seems to have found their talent except him. Could this mean that Ron would be willing to sacrifice himself yet again which would outshine every other Weasley through one last, great heroic deed?

Oh man - I get sad just speculating. Hopefully, the character to die is NOT Ron. Any GOOD character dying is going to bring floods of tears. However, if he does sacrifice himself for Harry, Ron will go down in history not as Harry Potter’s sidekick, but as one of the most loved and loyal wizards in the Harry Potter series.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

I can see Ron sacrificing himself for Harry but I hope it isn't him. I can see a great relationship with Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermionne. There could be lots of sequels.

M- your favorite said...

I have a feeling that Ron is going to DIE! I hope it doesn't happen. But I was on mugglenet and some of the people there had seen some of the spoilers and they didn't like they way it ended. So I don't know, I hope it ends good. I hope Ron, Harry and Hermionne- are alive at the end. Can't wait to find out!!