Wednesday, August 29, 2007

And So It Goes ...

Life, that is.

We are sick - yet again. I have got a TERRIBLE cold. Usually, when I get colds, they come on gradually ... so I can Cold Eaze it to the max until it fades away. This cold just bombarded me almost instantly - so, I've broken down and bought the 12 hour Sudafed (which is barely adequate, but I certainly couldn't survive without). Missy Dee has strep throat - WAY bad. She is absolutely MISERABLE. Hopefully, she'll be able to hold down her antibiotic long enough that she will start feeling better tomorrow. Keep her in your prayers.

Aaron's first day of school came and went. I was really worried about him waking up at 7:00 in the morning. And - the first day was kindof tricky ... until I mentioned the word "kindergarten" - then he bounced right up (see pictures). Today, he jumped out of bed no problem. He LOVES school! His favorite part is "singing songs". I, of course, cried my eyeballs out after I dropped him off yesterday. Why is it so hard for me? I DO enjoy time away from my kids. How in the world am I going to survive sending off a missionary or college student? Sheesh. I can't even think about it. ANXIETY!!



The other day, I went out to lunch with Kristy and Melynda. I love it when we do that. So fun. Anyway - I saw a lady there taking pictures of EVERY little thing (her son touching the waterfall, her son climbing on the table, people eating, the list goes on). My first thought was ... "she is DEFINITELY a blogger. I hope I'm not like that." LOL - THEN, I go ahead and take pictures of trying to wake Aaron up for the first day of school. Does that mean I'm a hypocrite? I guess that'll just have to be okay, because I like to know what's happening in all of your lives ... and, therefore, you get the basics from me too! Sooooo, you BETTER enjoy! (haha)

7 comments:

Plonnie said...

awwh, michelle.. i'm so so so so sorry that you and miss are sick. that's terrible. that makes my heart hurt. i will keep both of you in my extra special prayers. you guys are always in my prayers, but i'll put extra emphasis! :)

how cute.. i love the pictures of aaron waking up for school! how cute is that?!!! i love that he's so excited about it all!! hopefully he stays well and doesn't catch any bug. he'd probably be heart broken if he had to miss school.

i am with you all the way.. i'm already wondering how i'm going to send one of my BABIES on a mission... i got teary when i left them for a wedding!! so i know what you mean. you're a good mom and i love you for that reason and many many others.

get better fast! and then we need to hang out. it's been too long.. really!! miss you guys. love you guys! talk to you soon

Pat and Brent said...

Oh gosh - I guess it's good to realize your kids DO grow up and leave home. That way you can enjoy every minute, even though it goes by in the blink of an eye. It gets much worse when high school is approaching.

The pictures of Aaron waking are too precious! He is such a sweet little man. Love him so much!

Hope you and Missy are better very fast!

Linz said...

SOrry you are sick! No fun!

Aaron is so cute! I am glad that he likes school. I have also had moments (already) when I turn to Michael and say, "She's going to go off to college soon!" Then he laughs and says, "Well, then we can retire to Puerto Rico in peace." Goof ball.

Kent and Leisy said...

michelle..if for nothing else, please keep up the good blogging for kent and me! we enjoy seeing anything and everything. you've done a good job being diverse in your posts. we love it. oh, and give everyone else a little push for us!

M- your favorite said...

OOH! Bless your hearts! I am so sorry that you are sick!

I will type later.

M

Melisa said...

I'm sorry you are sick. i hope you guys get better soon! Good luck aaron with kindergarten! McEwan Loves it too! love you guys

The Jackson Family said...

Is that why I have a cold coming on too? What comes around goes around. Hope you guys get better soon so we can go to the drive ins or something this weekend!