Friday, August 31, 2007

Is Genius-ness Hereditary?


Much to my surprise, my beautiful Aar-Bear spent the afternoon suction-ing a cup over his mouth and chin. And now he has a FABULOUSly huge hickey. When I saw him and his purple chin, I immediately grabbed some Benadryl, because it is not uncommon for Aaron to have allergic reactions to things. But, as I brought him the medicine and observed more closely, the truth came out. I wouldn't have thought that creating that kind of a bruise was even possible, except for my husband's genius story:

At the age of 14 (yes, FOURTEEN ... not five like Aaron), Tyler was playing an extra cool game of foam basketball with his brothers. This game was extra cool, because Tyler was the basket. He suction-cupped the cheap basketball hoop to his forhead and would weave and duck to make it more tricky for his brothers to score. Yep - genius idea! Well, needless to say, when they were finished playing, and Tyler removed the hoop, he had 2 FABULOUSly huge hickey bruises on his forehead. Tyler remembers this event so well, because he had to go to school the next day. :)

Well, Aaron went to school today with a hickey on his chin ... and, honestly, it didn't seem to phase him. So, is the genius gene hereditary? Must be ... except that it improves each generation (9 years difference). :)

Boys. Need I say more?

9 comments:

Brandon Jenson said...

The best part about the story was Mom putting cover up on the bruises!!!! That story still makes me laugh :)

Kent and Leisy said...

You should have slathered cover up all over his chin Michelle! How funny!

The Jackson Family said...

What a cute little guy! Boys are so much fun. Silly AirBear.

Heather M. said...

That is one of the funniest stories (both of them) I've heard in a long time. You were smart to grab the camera. Things like this are so fun to look back on and laugh.

Heather

Plonnie said...

haha, i remember that story.. good times.

Linz said...

LOL!! That so funny!

M- your favorite said...

OOH! BOYS you gotta love them!

Pat and Brent said...

Aaron is seriously the cutest ever! He could care less about a little hickey on his chin. He knows it won't tarnish his good looks in the least. Love that little guy!

Brandon Jenson said...

He, HE, He i am so entertained!!! I would have to say i am a little less concerned about the 5 year old playing this game. hopefully he has learned the lesson and doesn't repeat it in a few years!! :) -Tina