I witnessed perhaps THE cutest assessment ever today - Aaron's. He told me that he was a little nervous while we were on our way in ... but, as he began realizing what a genius he is, his nerves subsided more and more. So, the first part of the assessment was pretty easy for him ... basically repeating phrases, saying his name and birthday, and recognizing letters and numbers. Then it got harder - but he still did FABULOUS. His teacher (Mrs. Glass) asked him if he could read. He quickly shook his no. So she showed him her two pages of words and started pointing to them. He pretty much knew every single one (the, a, I, can, look, see, he, we, am, and -- you get the jist), then she turned the page over to the back where the harder words were. He knew ALL of them (well, in his mind, anyway). At this point, he was so confident, he pulled out his finger to slide past the letters as he read. I can't remember what he said for most of them, but for the word dash, he sounded out .... "baaaaandaaaaggggge". Honestly, if I wasn't so dam proud - I would have been laughing out loud. He was so dang cute! When she gave him a bucket of colorful tiles and told him to make his own pattern, he looked at me like, "this is just ridiculous, Mom, " and preceded to pull out any random tile and plunk it down on the table. He did NOT rearrange them in any specific order - just left them as randomly as he pulled them out. The teacher hesitated for awhile, and then asked him if he was done. He very proudly said, "sure am!" heehee - gotta love him! Mrs. Glass reassured me that he would do great in kindergarten. I'm not worried. :)
First Skiing Adventure!
4 years ago


9 comments:
Man he sounds like he's fun. I'll bet he will have a blast with everyone in kindergarten.
what a cutie! I can only imagine (with a smile) his "this is ridiculous, mom" face. I already see it, so I can only imagine that it gets more pronounced and funnier! GOod luck in Kinddrgarten Aaron!
Aaron is a smartie and a cutie and he knows it. It's funny because he just acts like it's a fact; he's not bragging or acting superior; he just knows. I love it. He'll do great!
what a great story! wow! i can't believe your little boy is growing up so fast. remember the christmas with the singing grover? awwhh! time just keeps going and going. aaron is going to be SO great in his class! he has tons of confidence and the desire to learn. he's going to be the most popular kid... i can already see it.
we love you aaron so much!! keep doing so great in kindergarten. learn lots and teach me something new next time i see you!!
glad you liked the puzzles! yeah, go ahead and put them on your site. FUN!! i can't wait to do them!!
that one of me is WAY HARD!! it took me almost 10 minutes! i can't believe you got it in 7! way to go!
love you guys lots!
YIPEEE!!! I am so proud of that boy. I'm so sad that i am going to be so far away for his kindergarten year!!! I know he is going to do awesome...don't forget, the offer still stands--if he has questions (or more likely something wicked smart to tell me) he can call me any time!!!! Love You buddy--have so much fun at school!!! -Tina
Hi guys-hey i was just wondering how you did your title on your blog!! I want to do something similar for my little frills blog!! -Tina
What a cutie! I wish he and Scotty were in the same class... I guess we can't everything. Hope he has fun in kindergarten!
Heather
He is seriously the cutest boy. His eyes have always reminded me of Pat & Pam's pretty eyes when they were little. Don't you think? Anyway, that's so cute that he's so confident!
Post a Comment