Monday, November 5, 2007

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times

We always have a splendid time with the Jers and Plonns fam! Thanks for a super fun night, guys! We made breakfast foods for dinner - with THE most delicious homemade syrup in the world (see recipe below) - AND Jeremy's awesome Rotel eggs with string cheese (sounds different - but SOOOOOOOO good)!



Buttermilk Syrup

1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cube butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1Tbsp. karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

1. Put all the ingredients in a 2 quart pan (except vanilla)
2. Boil for 5 minutes
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla

7 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

this is my fav syrup EVER! thanks for the recipe. I don't even want to imagine how many calories are in it.

Plonnie said...

soooooooooooooooooo fun! wow my face WAS more red than jer's!! hahahaha!!! you guys are the best and i love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! thanks for having us over! it was a fun reunion and made me realize how much more often we need to do it!

M- your favorite said...

HEY! I am really jealous about your fun night! Hey why don't you take pictures of the night's we hang out.

Okay I'm glad that your okay and that you had a great day!

Melynda

Melisa said...

Looks like a fun time! I love that syrup it makes everything taste better! We love you guys!

mandi said...

I had no idea you could make syrup like that! Weird! I'll have to try that sometime.

Plonnie said...

michelle! i just remembered the dream i had last night! it was our family with your's (best combination ever) hanging out at your NEW HOUSE! it was so pretty and SO FUN! i'm so excited for you guys to move!!!! it's going to be the best ever.

Jaime said...

I'm going to try that this weekend. YUM!