Thursday, November 1, 2007

It Has Begun ...


So - in my book, anyway - the holiday season is official as of today, November 1st! This means serious shopping, storage sorting (for decos), planning, and (to Leisy's complete disgust :)) CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! Actually, as a piano teacher, most of my students begin Christmas music early October. By November, they are pretty much playing Christmas music exclusively (as long as they are ready for Festival ... which isn't until February anyway.) I wonder what the parents think of that :)! I love it, so that's just the way it is! :) We've pulled out the Christmas cds - and we're in business for the next 2 months!

I started off the season with a total bang - and have a serious infection in my eyes. I was using Marissa's drops (from her mild pink eye from last week) - and my eye just wasn't getting better. Today, at the doctor, he read the ingredients of the drops to me and said, "Michelle, the main ingredient in these drops is sulfa ... which you are allergic to." Whoops. Anyway - I'm on some heavy duty erythromycin ointment now, which makes it difficult to see for awhile - but, hopefully I'll be cleared up soon. In the meantime - I do NOT leave the house - mainly because of how horrendous I look, but because I'm contagious too. :) So ... stay away! :)

ANYWAY - I'm looking forward to being up and running again - because, I really DO love the holiday season ... the hustle and bustle, the thick newspapers full of advertisements of great buys, the frost in the air, the music, and the lights - which will be coming on THIS month!! Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I shouldn't have even read the post! thinking about the holidays this early gives me anxiety. Give me just two more weeks of calm. The kids sang "away in a manger" in primary last sunday. I plugged my ears.

Pat and Brent said...

I really can't start listening to Christmas music this early cause I'm sick of it before Christmas comes. I loved the excitement in Aar-bear's eyes when he saw the wrapped presents under my piano (before Halloween even) and found out there are a few for him there. So fun! Now if I can find things for my kids - the grandkids are pretty much taken care of.

M- your favorite said...

I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!! I have trying to find my Christmas music so I can start liestening to it- but Kendra does not like to liesten to it befor thanksgiving. But I am so excited to decorate my place for christmas- it's so pretty! I am so excited.

I hope your eye get better. That really stinks! Anyways. I miss you guys I have not seen you for YEARS!!

So I am so excited I all ready bought yours and Ty's Christmas present! I can't wait for you guys to open it. :)

p.s. this might be my first year that I have not told you what your getting! I hope it stays that way! HAHAHAHAH

Plonnie said...

yay! this post makes me so excited! i love the holidays!! it's the best time to be pregnant because i get to eat all the yummy feast food i've been craving!! i'm so excited! it's also the worst time to be pregnant because i'm going to gain SO MUCH WEIGHT! but will that stop me? no! i will love every minute of it!

i hope your eyes start clearing up! i hope you feel better soon. halloween just wasn't the same. we missed you so much. especially me. i missed you in enormous amounts!

we should do some holiday shopping one of these times together. that would be so fun! i looooove shopping! and me and marissa need to have a little shopping reuinion.

love you so much! see you soooooon!