Friday, November 23, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Well - I promised Kent and Leisy that we would take many pictures of the spectacular stuffing of ourselves over Thanksgiving ... however, I used Mom's camera all day on Thanksgiving - so we will all await her stupendous post :)! And then, of course - we always have such a blast with the Jenson clan ... that I totally forget to get out the camera. Did you happen to get any pics, Plonns? We loved playing lots of games and having lots of laughs Thanksgiving evening.

Black Friday morning - we all embarked on a shop until you drop extravaganza. As you can tell from the pictures - I was pretty much ready to drop before we had hardly even started ... seeing as we started by freezing our bums off in line at Circuit City for 2 hours. :) haha. We were all amazing troopers - and, even though I just payed full price for most of my purchases (we made it to each store just as the door crashers had sold out) - I DID get a beautiful Christmas tree for 1/2 off - and we drove to Thanksgiving Point for the ModBod sale (way late) - and got some TREMENDOUS deals. So - I would say ... huge success!

We always get together for an after-shopping brunch on Black Friday ... which is so much fun. Marissa decided she needed a little "pre-breakfast snack" by the time we had hit the 5th store ... so, we gave her a little break :)!

And - the reason I love this time of the year the VERY most is that we get to be together SO MUCH! It is seriously the best - we party HARDY! Here we are having a very competitive Monopoly game ... the new electronic version. VERY cool ... and, seeing as Tyler and I kicked ... VERY fun! :) Aaron got to spend the day with his favorite pal and cousin, Kevin ... thanks again Jers and Plonns! And Marissee -roo went to the movies with Anaka and Lori! Do we have the best family, or what?!

Thank you - my awesome families - I sure love and appreciate each and every one of you so much. You make this time of the year the MOST WONDERFUL!

6 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

Ashland is the place for black friday sales! Eliminate the over zelous college students and there isn't very much competition! Thanks for all the pics! Can't wait to try out that Monopoly game! - Kent

M- your favorite said...

It really was a great day! I love being with my family! They are so great. Thanks for coming Michelle-your the best!

Love you

Pam and Rand said...

Wow - you guys do it up right! Jaime and I left at 6:30 and headed to the Park City outlet mall. We found some pretty good deals - but had a few disappointments. The Gap had killer deals last year, but didn't offer anything special for early comers this year. We were wondering if the incentive to do it next year was still there. You guys keep up your fun tradition. Good memories.

Pat and Brent said...

All in all - a very fun weekend. I love, love, love being with my kids and grandkids!

tiffany said...

looks and sounds like you had tons of fun

Plonnie said...

i still need to go shopping with marissa... we had a mini adventure at office max, or office depot, whatever it was when jer and ty met there.. but i need MORE! hahaha!!
michelle.. i got pictures of thanksgivng.. but none when you guys were there!! i was too busy playing and laughing and i forgot all about my camera! that stinks!